It Is Official

Jetlaagd

Jun 11, 2003
"It's Time to Fly": United Introduces New Ad Campaign, Unveils New Livery

Source: NewsReal - 18 February 2004

United today introduced a new look for its aircraft and new advertising designed to strengthen the connection with United's core customers. The new global ad campaign includes the tagline "It's Time to Fly," and the new aircraft livery is being officially unveiled for the first time this morning at an employee event at the San Francisco maintenance hangar.

"While we are restructuring the company, controlling expenditures and improving the customer experience, we are also making significant investments in the United brand to reinforce and enhance a high-quality portfolio of products," says John Tague, executive vice president-Customer. "The new advertising focuses on and invests in United's Mainline, the heart of our portfolio of products, to strengthen connections with our most valued customers -- frequent business travelers. Investing in our brand is essential for remaining competitive."

Martin White, senior vice president-Marketing; Graham Atkinson, senior vice president-Worldwide Sales and Alliances; and Greg Hall, senior vice president-Maintenance and Engineering, are speaking at today's employee event in front of a Boeing 777 freshly painted with new livery. The new livery establishes a consistent look for all of the aircraft for United, United Express, Ted and Star Alliance. Aircraft with new livery will have a dark blue belly, a bright white top, and large, bold 'United' lettering printed on the front sides of the plane. Photos will be available on SkyNet later today.

In addition to the livery, United's new global advertising strategy was introduced to employees today. White says, "Our new advertising taps into the special relationship and the spirit that we share with our frequent business travelers. It is a tribute to the 'can do' spirit we share with our customers and underscores the value that United alone can bring to the travel experience." Debuting in print Feb. 18 and on television at the Academy Awards telecast Feb. 29, the campaign is designed to bring the company's unique understanding of the frequent business traveler to life in an unforgettable way. The ads use distinctive animation, signature 'Rhapsody' music and storytelling.

There was a story posted that they had 3 airplanes at SFO Mainline, Express and Ted. Anyone have a picture?

ualobserver said:
There was a story posted that they had 3 airplanes at SFO Mainline, Express and Ted. Anyone have a picture?
I believe the article said 4 aircraft were there
United
United Express
Ted
Star
All painted in the respective new liveries.

PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE...someone must have pics!

I like the paint scheme, but I think the slogan needs work. I think that it sounds a little like SWA's "(airplane chime) You are now free to move about the country". I do like SWA's. Jusy my opinion........