It's DEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the article and maybe I missed the part where a statement is made about the consolidation being "dead". Could you copy and paste that part please?

Good timing. Maybe after the AMFA UAL M&R are decertified, I can move to A'Lanta :up:

B) UT

Good for you!

I am sick of the whole thing...I think I just want to make a lot of money, invest in my old airline, and raise HELL! (as an outsider)

Airline people are special people. (They care, they work HARD to ensure pax are treated like their families)

Good thing the merger did not go through after reading todays "Delta Offers Severance pay 30,000 Workers" ...it probably would have been 30,000 NW Workers

Hope this thing is truely dead....
That's just offering early outs, not demanding them.

We'll have to wait till this afternoon to see what NW's plan is.

That's just offering early outs, not demanding them.

We'll have to wait till this afternoon to see what NW's plan is.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well Robert, I "may" be proved wrong, but I think BIG RED will be just fine.
Of course they will feel some $$pain, just like every carrier, but to what degree ?

As NxNW/Kev3188 has taught us, the Boys from Minny have a good balance sheet, and in my opinion the Ejets/Compass thing was a "stroke of genius !

I predict that LCC/UAL/CO and "the savior" from ATL, are going to feel extreme pain,..........a LOT worse than NW/AA and WN.

Such is Life....in this GAME.
Some survive,........Some DIE.

It IS what it IS !

NO seniority agreement means NO AGREEMENT. They already have 26,000 other NW employees against it.

That means it is DEAD.

You are wrong, There is nothing in the article which points to a deal being dead. There could be arbitration talks betweent he two parties. As usual your emotion about this subject has you blinded to other possibilities.

You are wrong, There is nothing in the article which points to a deal being dead. There could be arbitration talks betweent he two parties. As usual your emotion about this subject has you blinded to other possibilities.

I guess you can't wrap your mind around.."we are unable to come to an agreement on seniority. there are no further talks planned". There will be no arbitration because Delta pilots do not want arbitration. And even if they did and this is was settled...it will DIE in Congress. We really don't give a damn what the pilots want, MOST NW people will fight this tooth and nail.

Perhaps your desire for the "possibilities" has blinded you to the reality that it is not going to happen. Sounds like a little emotional wishful thinking.

I guess you can't wrap your mind around.."we are unable to come to an agreement on seniority. there are no further talks planned". There will be no arbitration because Delta pilots do not want arbitration. And even if they did and this is was settled...it will DIE in Congress. We really don't give a damn what the pilots want, MOST NW people will fight this tooth and nail.

Perhaps your desire for the "possibilities" has blinded you to the reality that it is not going to happen. Sounds like a little emotional wishful thinking.
Not to get emotional....but it may not be as dead as you think. Dead for now maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this beast rise again. Too much institutional/hedge fund money at stake. If push comes to shove they don't really care what the pilots think either. Possibilities would include, but not limited to, mgt establishing a deadline to pilots for SLI or face a merger without the bennies. Forced merger isn't out of the question, just not the way mgt wanted to go. Their plans are changing as we speak with the price of oil skyrocketing. Maybe DAL is trimming the fat before the merger to aid it moving through congress. "Look, we've already reduced our labor force before the merger, we won't be cutting more jobs after the merger." Maybe your emotions won't let you wrap your head around the possibility that this turd may float to the top of the bowl again. :shock:

Not to get emotional....but it may not be as dead as you think. Dead for now maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this beast rise again. Too much institutional/hedge fund money at stake. If push comes to shove they don't really care what the pilots think either. Possibilities would include, but not limited to, mgt establishing a deadline to pilots for SLI or face a merger without the bennies. Forced merger isn't out of the question, just not the way mgt wanted to go. Their plans are changing as we speak with the price of oil skyrocketing. Maybe DAL is trimming the fat before the merger to aid it moving through congress. "Look, we've already reduced our labor force before the merger, we won't be cutting more jobs after the merger." Maybe your emotions won't let you wrap your head around the possibility that this turd may float to the top of the bowl again. :shock:

My emotions have nothing to do with the FACT that no one, NOT NW, NOT Delta, NOT a hedge fund has demonstrated how a merger, as a result of higher oil, has ANY benefits that an individual company doesn't (they LOVE to use that vague bs term "synergies" which means we're lying and don't have a clue as to any benefits). Now, if you call "emotional" the intent to save my company from a disaster...damn straight. NW pilot leaders had better take a long hard look at this. NW employees DO NOT support it, it WILL fail in Congress, and NW pilots will have supported the loss of the Cal golden share...for nott. If people think Oberstar has no real power, and does not influence the DOJ/DOT... then I guess we are all in for a lesson.

The only benefit would be to shrink the fleet, thereby eliminating competition thus allowing for pricing power. And please don't tell me a few hundred million saved from closing one headquarters. Nor has anyone spoke of the tens of BILLIONS in debt that Delta still carries vs. NW's balance sheet. (which is the ONLY reason Delta has been named the surviving carrier...it has to do with MONEY. Delta's NOL is FAR larger than NW's. This balance MUST be used with in two years of exiting BK and that is the time frame. And that folks is why the "new" carrier will be named "Delta" and not Northwest. No benefit for Northwest employees PERIOD. (except for the pilots that are not laid off)

Delta-NOL $9.1 Billion carry over loss (would be lost if aquired by another carrier) vs. NWA-NOL $3.1 Billion (it's ALWAYS about following the money...for the truth)

(read the middle part about merger benefits..NOT! http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflas...ampaign_id=yhoo )

Didn't say it was good. Didn't say it would benefit the company. I just said I don't think it is dead yet. The money on the table isn't yours or mine, it's the hedge funds/owners/mgt. and apparently the numbers are big. That will drive the deal, not the employees and their desires. You, I, all of the employees and Oberstar can be against it, but that doesn't mean the deal is dead. The pilots' leadership has looked at it and so far it's a no go. I just don't think it is dead yet. Time will tell.

Didn't say it was good. Didn't say it would benefit the company. I just said I don't think it is dead yet. The money on the table isn't yours or mine, it's the hedge funds/owners/mgt. and apparently the numbers are big. That will drive the deal, not the employees and their desires. You, I, all of the employees and Oberstar can be against it, but that doesn't mean the deal is dead. The pilots' leadership has looked at it and so far it's a no go. I just don't think it is dead yet. Time will tell.

NXNW just doesn't get it.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/external/bi....html?ana=yfcpc

Good thing the merger did not go through after reading todays "Delta Offers Severance pay 30,000 Workers" ...it probably would have been 30,000 NW Workers

Hope this thing is truely dead....

There you go , opening your mouth before you know whats coming out of it !

Delta is looking for 700 merit and 1300 frontline employees to take an early-out, meaning they are only looking for 2000 cuts ,but offering to it to 30,000 people !

If they do not reach the 2000 goal ,they will furlough the nessesary merit people, but NO frontline employees will be furloughed! Get the facts next time !

And if oil stays like it is , this is nothing but a precursur to what will happen at other airlines..........union or no union ! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.