It's Official - CEL pilots get Airbus!

algflyr

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
The July 9th recall class had 10 former CEL pilots. 6 were assigned to the Airbus, 1 assigned to 737 and 3 assigned to the 190.

Additionally, there were 2 A-330 slots that went to the 2 most senior pilots in class (prior ML). There were also 2 no-shows for this class.

No former CEL pilots has been placed into a Group I (757/767) or the 330 yet. However, there is another class July 16th that will probably change this...

The July 9th recall class had 10 former CEL pilots. 6 were assigned to the Airbus, 1 assigned to 737 and 3 assigned to the 190.

Additionally, there were 2 A-330 slots that went to the 2 most senior pilots in class (prior ML). There were also 2 no-shows for this class.

No former CEL pilots has been placed into a Group I (757/767) or the 330 yet. However, there is another class July 16th that will probably change this...

Sorry for my ignorance; what exactly is a CEL pilot?

I'm curious if the company is telling you anything about possible positions on the west side. Rumor has 35-40 upgrades this fall with recall of any remaining furloughies and/or new hires. Any guys on furlough that would have an easier commute to the west side than the east side, would also get the benefit of higher pay rates and the same longevity that they have on the east.

What year pay are the CEL's? If its year one on the Airbus, 25.00hr ouchy!!! So for your 15 year service to US Airways at the WO'ed you are reward with a 25.00hr job!! Please tell me thats not true...

What year pay are the CEL's? If its year one on the Airbus, 25.00hr ouchy!!! So for your 15 year service to US Airways at the WO'ed you are reward with a 25.00hr job!! Please tell me thats not true...

Last I heard (TA) your pay is equal to how much time you had on property. So, if you had 4 years on property when F'd you come back at 4 year pay.

Plus, don't you get $1500 for every year of service once you do return?

New bid out Friday (supposedly) with more recalls (100+).

File this under training center rumor until we see it for sure.

What in the world are you talking about???????!

We have hundreds of former express pilots at mainline and they ALL started at year 1 pay after getting hired at mainline. Now you want to flow up to mainline WITHOUT having to interview AND maintain your longevity from express for pay purposes? That's pretty ambitious.

Why stop there? You should demand DOH at mainline as well. 15 years would put you ahead of all those 99-2001 AAA hires. The way it stands now the AAA mainline pilots are robbing you of 14 years of seniority from PDT by stapling you below all Us Air pilots....sarcasm inteded....

I don't see ANY reason why a CEL pilot would complain about their lot in life right now. They got a mainline job without interviewing and more importantly they jumped ahead of everybody else on the CEL list by getting into MDA before the door slammed shut. It was a risk but it paid off...

I'm curious if the company is telling you anything about possible positions on the west side. Rumor has 35-40 upgrades this fall with recall of any remaining furloughies and/or new hires. Any guys on furlough that would have an easier commute to the west side than the east side, would also get the benefit of higher pay rates and the same longevity that they have on the east.

The west had a bid last year that had 8 Airbus FO slots. Those positions were to be filled by recalled pilots sometime at the biginning of this year. Obviousily, that has not happened. According to the Transition Agreement, any new positions on the West must be offered to furloughed pilots before going to the street.

On another note, the West pay is only higher on the Airbus and 737. The East pay is higher on the 757 and 330. It appears that many Group I (757/767) and 330 slots are going to recalled pilots.

Last I heard was there will be a bid comming out sometime at the end of summer. We hope right? :rolleyes:

It appears right now that they will get first year pay. We are hoping to get longevity for MDA, but until we win the lawsuit, that may not happen.

BTW, although the contract lists first year pay as $24.99 per hour, that part of the contract is superceded by another part that states a first year pilot will receive a salary of $3,000.00 per month. That's $36,000. Not great, but better than 25/hr. You won't find many majors that beat that. First year pay always blows...

So have they finished the last batch of 130ish recalls? Last I heard they were back up the list to Aug '99. I have not yet received my poop letter at July '99 and would just as soon put it off as long as possible.

Can furloughees bypass a west spot indefinately like the 190? Or would a west spot fall under the take it or leave it proviso eventually like the other east positions?

New bid out Friday (supposedly) with more recalls (100+).

File this under training center rumor until we see it for sure.

That bid would be for October at the earliest. A CBS message was delivered this week stating that there would be no permanent base bid for September. The July bid will be rolled over into September.

I don't see ANY reason why a CEL pilot would complain about their lot in life right now.

These idiots on here complain about EVERYTHING. To have some fun just post any topic and some debbie downer or crybaby craig will be pouring there hate all over it.