It's official!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
I officially work with 8196 morons! Never mind the approximately 8000 people who chose NOT to vote. TA voted down by 16 votes!

Reactions: 6 people
Each FA loses $17k a year, the hard 40 back in. I thought the FAs were smarter then mechanics, I guess not. Notice how the contract goes to arbitration NOT mediation. When the CEO, the union and the union lawyer say it goes to arbitration, it's going to arbitration. When some one on social media says we can do better in mediation, they're probably not the ones to listen to. Expensive lessen. 

The ones that didn't vote are probably the ones the  most effected by the hard 40, and that's great.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2014/11/09/american-airlines-flight-attendants-reject-contract-by-16-votes/

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry to hear that. Seemed like an improvement on what both sides had, and I seriously doubt binding arbitration will result in anything better.

Reactions: 4 people
It totally was. Problem is, we are still going to work under the same shitty parts people didn't like. However, we will be paid LESS doing it.

Reactions: 2 people
Well they can kiss $80 million goodbye and they only thing the arbiter will be ruling on is the economic issues.

Reactions: 2 people
There goes the $2 billion/year in synergies. The company has motivations to get to an agreement as well. 

No profit sharing and DOS +5 years.  2020 amendable date???

Profit sharing has no real cost since it doesn't come out of operations. Workers should share in the gains if they are still working under concessions. 

SWA not included in industry average.

Contract is industry leading compared to an amendable contract, not a current one. It could easily go from industry leading to bottom of the industry in less than a week but they would be stuck with it till nearly 2020

That amendable contract this was compared to has profit sharing.

If they had signed that deal and tomorrow UAL signed one that had slightly higher wages AND Profit sharing, AND more vacation you wouldn't be praising this deal. 

Easy to fix and it won't cost them a dime out of their operations, cut the years and include profit sharing. 

Reactions: 1 person
bigjets said:
Each FA loses $17k a year, the hard 40 back in. I thought the FAs were smarter then mechanics, I guess not. Notice how the contract goes to arbitration NOT mediation. When the CEO, the union and the union lawyer say it goes to arbitration, it's going to arbitration. When some one on social media says we can do better in mediation, they're probably not the ones to listen to. Expensive lessen. 

The ones that didn't vote are probably the ones the  most effected by the hard 40, and that's great.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2014/11/09/american-airlines-flight-attendants-reject-contract-by-16-votes/
It would be in our best interests as well for the FAs to get profit sharing. AA is on course to being a $50 billion a year company with a 10% margin. Thats $5 billion a year in profits and you want that we should all sit that out till 2020? The party could be over by then. 

never did I say profit sharing is not a real cost regardless of who receives it.

the cost is to shareholders or reinvestment of those profits in the business.

IORFA said:
I officially work with 8196 morons! Never mind the approximately 8000 people who chose NOT to vote. TA voted down by 16 votes!
Actually all you needed was 9 votes changed to yes and it would have been ratified.

Vote people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts