It's on.

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
As noted in the WFS thread, the company has finally announced the tenative dates for vendoring out cities across the system.

Here you go (bold stations are ones that may be of interest to regulars around here....):

Group 1:

12.Sept.06

BZN, MOT, AUS

Group 2:

10.Oct.06

LSE BDL SDF

Group 3:

17.oct.06

DLH, BIL, DAY, MHT, SMF, LIT, PVD

Group 4:

24.Oct.06

TVC, CVG, SLC, MBS, MSO, DSM, ALB

Group 5:

31.Oct.06

ABE,FAR, CID, GPT, BUF, JAX, OKC

Group 6:

07.Nov.06

LAN, FSD, FWA, BHM, SYR, ABQ, ROC

Group 7:

14.Nov.06

BIS, OMA, SUX, RDU, RIC, COS, SAT

Group 8:

28. Nov.06

GFK, TYS, PBI, MIA, CLT, BOI, MDT

Group 9:

05.Dec.06

RST, SAN, GSP, SBN, BTR, GTF, CLE

Group 10:

12.Dec.06

AZO, SNA, TUS, ORF, HPN, JAN, FCA

Group 11:

19.Dec.06 -One week before X-mas...Nice touch, NW :down: :angry:

GEG, RAP, VPS, GSO, SJC, PIT, ICT

It's interesting to note that ZW is taking over 7 stations, and XJ of all people is taking over 13...Aren't they on the brink of non-existance???

The other vendors are WWFS, ATS, and SP1 (is that Signature?).

Several cities have no vendors lined up at this time.....

Kev,
Just read a (print) media ad, for Ramp hiring in BOS, the past 2 weeks.

A "VRS" :) (very reliable source)informed me, that out of classes of (approx.) 40 individuals, "4" get all the way thru.

Whats very interesting to me, about this, is that IMHO, NW is "signaling" that once they "try" to implement the 50/50 ratio(in BOS), that they're saying that it wont work(NOT enough P/T ers.)

"TFB" !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

my friend at NW told me during the past week that they didnt know who was taking over ABE but he was adamant that none of the 20 or so people were not allowed to stay on with the contract. :angry: :boring: :down:

Also, does NW really even know what the HE!! theyre doing to these cities? come on, aircraft damage increases, low moral continues, he!! the hiring lines are endless

Kev,
Just read a (print) media ad, for Ramp hiring in BOS, the past 2 weeks.

A "VRS" :) (very reliable source)informed me, that out of classes of (approx.) 40 individuals, "4" get all the way thru.

Whats very interesting to me, about this, is that IMHO, NW is "signaling" that once they "try" to implement the 50/50 ratio(in BOS), that they're saying that it wont work(NOT enough P/T ers.)

"TFB" !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

I have a feeling it's going to be that way nation-wide. Here in my city, we just had *another* job fair, and got (I think) all of one person.

TFB indeed....

I have a feeling it's going to be that way nation-wide. Here in my city, we just had *another* job fair, and got (I think) all of one person.

TFB indeed....

Unfortunatly, outsourcing is becoming the norm lately. All airlines are doing it except maybe WN. AA just outsourced SLC and most all the guys came to DFW. They said the last station protected guy turned in his retirement paperwork on a monday morning, and on tuesday morning the station manager walked in and said on july 1 your all out of here.

Out here in the western parts of the country there's a never ending supply of workers. Julio,Rafael,Juan,Jose,etc... Whenever there'a job fair at DFW hundreds show up.

TFB indeed....

NW will now understand the term you get what you pay for.
For those who accept these part time jobs at 9.00 per hour
most will not make it through training etc.
For the stations being outsourced these "new hires" will
not give a ???? about what happens. I used to see it
where the vendors could care less. Turnover is extremely
high and training basically does not exist.

Unfortunatly, outsourcing is becoming the norm lately. All airlines are doing it except maybe WN. AA just outsourced SLC and most all the guys came to DFW. They said the last station protected guy turned in his retirement paperwork on a monday morning, and on tuesday morning the station manager walked in and said on july 1 your all out of here.

Out here in the western parts of the country there's a never ending supply of workers. Julio,Rafael,Juan,Jose,etc... Whenever there'a job fair at DFW hundreds show up.

=========================================================

DFWFSC,

WELL, (perhaps) this might change, if more BILLY-BOB's, JIMMY-JOE's, BUBBA's, and BILLY -RAY's showed up too ?

What do ya' think ??

NH/BB's

=========================================================

DFWFSC,
WELL, (perhaps) this might change, if more BILLY-BOB's, JIMMY-JOE's, BUBBA's, and BILLY -RAY's showed up too ?

What do ya' think ??

NH/BB's

Nope, all those guys are holding out for jobs at the Texas Motor Speedway...

My heart goes out to all those that are going to be affected. It is incredible that so many stations are being contracted out. It seems like there will only be a handful of stations left with NW employees. Take care and God Bless!

40 out of approx. 119 left, actually.... :down:
Hey Kev.. I havnt been here in a while.Yes it's true the company has been informing stations of their soon to be outsourcing.I can tell you this,..they are planning on Air Wisconsin to handle our city.Right now,they handle United express and cant even get those flights out.44 seaters and they dont even know how to rebook when things go bad.We are planning on bringing lawn chairs in to watch the show in October.I would like to thank Bobby Disgrace one more time for selling out the lives of all of us in these soon to be cluster F***** cities........

I'd wondered where you'd been. :)

I have a feeling this is all going to devolve into ne those situations where the living envy the dead...Can you imagine what's going to happen come winter? Ability (or lack thereof) aside, how much employee turnover will there be in places that are sub-zero?

I'm also curious why since they've decided to go with XJ in some cities, that they didn't just do that (along with Pinnacle) in all of the affected stations. Don't get me wrong; I still don't think it'd be right, but at least they're already familiar with things like Worldflight, PARS, our policies, etc...

My heart goes out to all those that are going to be affected. It is incredible that so many stations are being contracted out. It seems like there will only be a handful of stations left with NW employees. Take care and God Bless!

I understand NW has a station outsourcing bump notice
that includes the employee's choice of what they will
be taking. Also included is a statement they have
hired a firm to assist with employee training. Is this
true? If so they are about 13 months late with this plan.
With mechanics on the street for over one year and
ground personnel, flight attendants being pressured to
accept awful contracts this firm should have been hired
from the very beginning. How many have left because they
have familes to support and could not wait for NW to tell
them goodbye.

Will NW offer this plan to anyone who has left the
company since declaring bankruptcy?

I understand NW has a station outsourcing bump notice
that includes the employee's choice of what they will
be taking.

Correct. There is a form on RADAR that asks you what you want to do (ie., bump-and if so, where, take the regular severance, or the enhanced).

Also included is a statement they have
hired a firm to assist with employee training. Is this
true?If so they are about 13 months late with this plan.

I haven't heard this specifically...Only that they are offering "career guidance options."

With mechanics on the street for over one year and
ground personnel, flight attendants being pressured to
accept awful contracts this firm should have been hired
from the very beginning. How many have left because they
have familes to support and could not wait for NW to tell
them goodbye.

How many? Too many. I don't know how it is in all depts., but in Ground Ops, a *lot* of good people are running for the exits.

Will NW offer this plan to anyone who has left the
company since declaring bankruptcy?

I highly doubt it.