Its the website, stupid

CLTBWIDAYSYR

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
OK, last night I spent three hours helping a friend TRY to buy a ticket on US via the website. What a cluster.

First things first. Enroll in Dividend Miles. Sounds easy enough. Four times the site froze. We spent an hour and a half trying to simply sign up for the DM program. Never went through. At this point I took him to the World MasterCard site to apply for the credit card (and get the bonus miles). When I clicked on the link from the US website, I got "Invalid Address" error message on the screen. Great. This is turning out to be a proud moment for this employee. I then went straight to the site by typing in "lotsmoremiles.com" and got through. Once there, the process was very easy and user friendly. He filled out the app and was approved in a matter of two minutes. We then called Juniper Bank so we could retrieve his new automatically assigned DM account number and buy the ticket.

We go back to usairways.com to buy a CLT-LEJ (Leipzig, Germany) round trip. This would have been easy to do at the old site, but the "new" usairways.com won't pull up any flights on LH (or any other Star carrier for that matter). We then go to lufthansa.com where we buy the code share flight with no problem, are able to look at seat maps BEFORE buying and finalize the transaction in a matter of five minutes.

How can we expect new customers if a simple transaction like this took nearly three hours to complete? This was cut and dry. Enroll in DM, and buy an expensive R/T ticket for a set in stone date. I could do neither on my company's site. How embarassing.

OK, last night I spent three hours helping a friend TRY to buy a ticket on US via the website. What a cluster.

How can we expect new customers if a simple transaction like this took nearly three hours to complete? This was cut and dry. Enroll in DM, and buy an expensive R/T ticket for a set in stone date. I could do neither on my company's site. How embarassing.

LCC #1 says there is nothing wrong with the site. You must be wrong also. BTW I and many others have had similar problems.

Why would you ever want to fly on a non-US flight??? US' motto is "Fly with US", not "fly with us and Lufthansa" :rolleyes:

This website still has a long ways to go before it is considered "working" IMO. There are some parts that work, but others that fail miserably.

-JC

I used the site a week ago to book a trip from LYH to STL. After 4 tries (and 20 minutes of fighting with the system) it finally took my credit card - what a nightmare. I selected seats for all 4 legs of my itinerary and my seat selection printed correctly on the itinerary that was email to me.

When I checked in and flew all 4 segments of my trip I did not get a single seat that I had selected. Apparently seat selection from the web site is broken as well.

I am an IT professional and the new US Airways website is one of the most poorly implemented and half-baked web sites that I have ever used. Clearly it was put put into production to meet some arbitrary project milestone date. It is not yet ready for prime-time.

I was trying to help a friend who wasn't familar with PHL. I went on the website to look at the terminal map and could only find the maps for PHX and LAS. I looked around for a while and found no maps for the US east system.

I was trying to help a friend who wasn't familar with PHL. I went on the website to look at the terminal map and could only find the maps for PHX and LAS. I looked around for a while and found no maps for the US east system.

After about a dozen clicks (and that was knowing what I was doing), I found the terminal maps as pages in the USAirways inflight magazine http://usairwaysmag.com/inflightinfo04.asp

I only know about it as I stumbled into it a week or so ago. :down:

I'm shocked!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Forget that CLT is the biggest hub and that PHL is the European gateway for US. As long as we know how to find our way around Sky Harbor and McCarran, who cares? The Four Corners region of our nation is obviously the center of the universe.

I'm shocked!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Forget that CLT is the biggest hub and that PHL is the European gateway for US. As long as we know how to find our way around Sky Harbor and McCarran, who cares? The Four Corners region of our nation is obviously the center of the universe.
Funny, :blink: we used to say the same about PIT and Crystal City!

:p

I am SO FRIGGIN HAPPY that the US employees are seeing what the customer's have to go through with this www.crap.com website !!!

Let's hope when you start complaining about it your bosses will finally do something about it instead of those "feel good, look how nice it is" articles that your marketing department sent to various newspapers around the country.

I'd love to work for US in the marketing & IT department. I know I could do a better job than the current crop of talent that is there now.

:p

I am SO FRIGGIN HAPPY that the US employees are seeing what the customer's have to go through with this www.crap.com website !!!

Clarification. Some US employees.
Some of us have been dealing with this (and other items regarding outsourced rez for too long). And thanks for being happy that we have to continue to deal with others Crap on a daily basis. I know its what makes me want to get out of bed and go to work. :down:

Now if only those in TEMPE who could actually do something about it were affected on a daily basis....

Clarification. Some US employees.
Some of us have been dealing with this (and other items regarding outsourced rez for too long). And thanks for being happy that we have to continue to deal with others Crap on a daily basis. I know its what makes me want to get out of bed and go to work. :down:

Now if only those in TEMPE who could actually do something about it were affected on a daily basis....

Then do something about it! I'm sure that you can send comments to be printed in your employee newsletter. A lot of your customers have emailed the company only to be ignored or sent a "canned" response.

Start some internal "heat" on the website fiasco.

Then do something about it! I'm sure that you can send comments to be printed in your employee newsletter. A lot of your customers have emailed the company only to be ignored or sent a "canned" response.

Do you really think they would print anything negative in an employee newsletter? Do you not think that we on the front lines who have been dealing with this have not spoken up? No one listens to us and its obvious they are not listening to you. I have been trying to work with DM member for a few days trying to help with his account and its pertty screwed up, every idea to fix it has failed and now we have been advised it may take until 21Jun to fix thousands of accounts. Its not fun for us and if we could do something we would. They(upper managment dont deal with it every second they are working-directly ) and do not understand. What they do understand is they they are above us and we should just deal with it. Why would they spend their bonus money on fixing an IT problem? We fix all the mistakes and take all the heat.

:rolleyes: Thats got to be the best reply I've seen in a while. :up: ;)

Have you not read ANY posts here from the frontline employees? I guess Tempe only takes the posts from here that they want to to publish in the newsletter since several have been word for word from this site.
I dont doubt they know the F-UP that is currently going on. Why on earth would they take my word for it in an email when they can see it here everyday from both employees and the customers?

:rolleyes: Thats got to be the best reply I've seen in a while. :up: ;)

Well as much as I enjoyed the sarcastic tone of that sentence ;) I atleast sent WTF a few emails about my displeasure of the new website and even got quoted in a newspaper article.

What have you done? <_<

Sometimes it's the just satisfaction of knowing you tried even if you're ignored :ph34r: