It's time to sign a AMFA card

JetMech321

May 2, 2012
Most of our class and craft at American Airlines do not realize how AMFA operates specifically local and national officers.

AMFA local and national officers:

Local Presidents. On the clock working, in the head count, right next to the members who elected him and if need be the president will go on Union business

Regional Reps: On the clock working, in the head count, right next to the members who elected him and only if need be goes on UB.

National Officers: Only 2 national officers are on UB full time, the rest report to work, in the head count right next to the members who elected him and only go on UB when necessary.

This is keeps AMFA's operating expenses low and they have a higher money value per member ratio than the TWU or the Teamsters even though they are bigger.

Under AMFA concept of operation, you do not have to call your representatives they are working with you just ask them while your getting your plane out and you won't have to explain to your rep the issues he will know them!

If we had the AMFA model here at AA, then All our International reps would be working with us on a crew at least a few days a week. imagine that ever happening with the TWU on the property?

Had enough yet?

Sign an AMFA card and lets file the cards!

Reactions: 2 people
AMEN BROTHER!
The IAM wants us to get released to strike. NO ONE at my station even knows what's on the table. Seems when you ask your are told they got things under control. I will not walk off my job just cause the IAM says to.
What's with all the secrets? Why are we not informed as to what's going on?
If the IAM has a problem with updating it's members it's time to switch.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether I read on this forum or the AA forum it is the same tune.  No faith in the current representation and our career's have been down graded to just a job.
All I can say is "had enough yet"

Sign an AMFA card and try something different

bikeguy said:
AMEN BROTHER!
The IAM wants us to get released to strike. NO ONE at my station even knows what's on the table. Seems when you ask your are told they got things under control. I will not walk off my job just cause the IAM says to.
What's with all the secrets? Why are we not informed as to what's going on?
If the IAM has a problem with updating it's members it's time to switch.
You're not the only guy I've heard say those exact same words.

Thats funny during the raid, they went around the system and informed the membership what the IAM was asking for and what the company offered.

And I doubt the IAM represented M&R want to lose their pension.

And AMFA didnt protect NW, AS, UA or ACA.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
Thats funny during the raid, they went around the system and informed the membership what the IAM was asking for and what the company offered.

The pension will be nice for the younger people- doesn't do much for those about to retire. The IAM hasn't done much to get and pay/benefits up to the level of most other airlines. You say you're a unionist, but only as long as they're IAM. You don't seem to care about AMFA.

700UW said:

What makes you think parker will continue to fund the pension if you are using that as a wedge?  The TWU used our pension and retiree medical as a wedge for many concessions and then gave it away anyway.  what did we gain by letting the TWU lead us down that path?  We gave concessions to keep the pension and retiree medical only to see it go anyway.  You don't think that Parker will do the same game.  One time shame on me , twice shame on you

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:

im curious to your answer as to why anyone would want the iampf?
Im stuck with it so ill support it but i couldnt imagine why anyone would want to join a fund that has no tax incentives, spousal offsets, and is ponzied of the hope of gaining more participants to keep it afloat otherwise actives like myself will get hammered a third time with future benefits slashed to keep it green.

Amazing how the iampf brags about it being green when it is really red from the blood of members who were robbed of benefits overnight by the trustees who slashed our benefits in half.

Be a good union man 700 and start supporting iam members by educating them of the real pitfalls of the iampf ponzie scheme!

Chuck Schalk said:
What makes you think parker will continue to fund the pension if you are using that as a wedge?  The TWU used our pension and retiree medical as a wedge for many concessions and then gave it away anyway.  what did we gain by letting the TWU lead us down that path?  We gave concessions to keep the pension and retiree medical only to see it go anyway.  You don't think that Parker will do the same game.  One time shame on me , twice shame on you
Because he has to fund it, its the law and it is in the CBA.

This isnt bankruptcy and the Parker was in charge when the IAMNPF was negotiated for M&R.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Is that too hard to understand?

That is the TWU not the IAM, and your members voted for the concessions.

700UW said:
Because he has to fund it, its the law and it is in the CBA.

This isnt bankruptcy and the Parker was in charge when the IAMNPF was negotiated for M&R.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Is that too hard to understand?

That is the TWU not the IAM, and your members voted for the concessions.
do u think the iam will take all of its members out onstrike due to amfa pressures? I realize the iam is hedged so if a strike is unsuccessful then it still has a property arrangement but wont amfa toss in a wrench?
Thankfully for sUS fleet, the sAA rampers arent soliciting another union. The association is very beneficial to sUS members.

AMFA has not baring on what the IAM will do at US.

The members want a new CBA with gains they well deserve.

The are ready.

700UW said:
AMFA has not baring on what the IAM will do at US.

The members want a new CBA with gains they well deserve.

The are ready.
according to key amfa people, amfa wants to file in august at sAA so that will most definately affect mx negotiations plus the status of the association. I presume the botched ibt actions of last year will have all of their support going to tul and amfa.

I cant help but think any representation election would set back negotiations by 6 months.