On 4/5/2003 3:36:12 PM Hopeful wrote:
I did not blame our current predicament on TWA. But you have to admit had we not purchased them, AA would have alot more cash on hand. That''s all!
True enough. And I''ll bet my house that had anybody at AA management known/suspected/guessed/had any idea at all as of January 5, 2001 that:
1. Terrorists would fly two AA jets into the WTC and Pentagon on September 11;
2. AA would lose several billion dollars during 2001 and 2002, with nothing but losses for the forseeable future;
3. AA would burn $5 - $10 million per day during all of 2002;
4. We would invade Iraq in March 2003, causing International bookings and revenue to plummet;
5. That both USAir and UAL would be in bankruptcy during late 2002 instead of merged;
Then you can be 100% guaranteed certain that Carty would not have purchased TWA.
I only hope that if AA survives, perhaps by 2009 or 2012 or maybe even 2025, AA employees will just shut the hell up about the "mistake" that was the TWA acquisition.
Give it a rest already. Do you people hold mistakes over your friends'' and relatives'' heads forever?? Especially decisions that were brilliant at the time made and only really became mistakes due to changed circumstances (that were out of their control)??
How many years will people keep bitching and whining about TWA?