Jane Allen!

Jan 14, 2004
Subject: Fw: UAL VP Onboard Service Jane Allen's Town Meeting in ORDSW

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 5:58 PM
Subject: UAL VP Onboard Service Jane Allen's Town Meeting in ORDSW

The town hall meeting was held today at ORDSW and Jane Allen fielded questions from F/As regarding the company's latest proposal for changes to our contract.

She concluded the meeting (which began at 9:30 AM) by saying, " Guys, I have to stop here - I have been on my feet since 9:30 this morning!" It was 12:40 PM. To say the place went up for grabs is an understatement. The flight attendants laughed and shouted out in disbelief - The most incredulous in attendance were crews who had just landed from Asia....it was an unbelievable moment.
One pilot said, "That line will be around the system by tomorrow morning."

OK, let me get this straight - this is our Vice President of Onboard Services ending a meeting because she has been on duty three hours (with her stool and her bottle of water).

How do you tell flight attendants you are exhausted after being on your feet doing your job for three hours? Especially when asking them for all of their work rules and to work not 14, but 16 hour days? (Oh, and leave your pension at the door on your way out!) :shock:

No wonder the people at AA cheered when she depared for UA. :D

Amazing that she could rise to the level of VP in any company with that kind of "foot in mouth" disability.

Now if it had been 12:40 AM the following morning, then maybe the comment wouldn't sound so stupid.

I'm certain that not all UA managers are stupid, but without a doubt, she is.

FWAAA said:
No wonder the people at AA cheered when she depared for UA. :D

Amazing that she could rise to the level of VP in any company with that kind of "foot in mouth" disability.

Now if it had been 12:40 AM the following morning, then maybe the comment wouldn't sound so stupid.

I'm certain that not all UA managers are stupid, but without a doubt, she is.
[post="201666"][/post]​
Ahhh...believe me....THEY ARE.... :)

Is there any truth to the rumor that the ORD chief pilot got into a shouting match at the ORD town hall meeting? What a fiasco. :lol:

Yet another shining, neon example of how out of touch the Senior Mgmt of this airline is with the frontline workers. But that's ok, I'm sure Glenn will tell her she's done "good work" on Friday's leardership call. <_<

Yeah, we were glad to see her depart AA. She thinks her excrement smells like rose pedals. Typical of AA management. We have more if you need them. :down:

You guys should have T-shirts made with that line. I am glad you have the UGLY HAG and not us! She was a true Bi-Otch.

She was the absolute worst during our strike..and she wasn't in charge of AA Flight Service back then. She was later put in charge of flight service as a way to get back at those of us who struck the company then..that's what we thought at least!! Her comments at your meeting don't particularly surprise me..she was always full of idiotic statements and one-liners...good riddance to bad rubbish.. :mf_boff:

What an embarassment. Sadly, that example just typifies the executive corps of this company. United has clearly cornered the market on executive "foot in mouth" disease. Come on, Glenn, please tell me ONE MORE TIME how you're proud of all the "good work" your executives keep doing.

Which leads me to another question. Where the heck is Doug Hacker these days? Is he in Witness Protection or what?

Hello, this is Jane Allen with an update for Friday, November 19.

Last week I met with employees in our London domicile and on Monday I visited O'Hare. I appreciate the hospitality extended at both locations, as well as the opportunity to hear from many of you during my town hall meetings. I also understand that a comment I made at the O'Hare caused some concern. Let me explain.

The session went long, and a few minutes before 1:00pm I said I needed to break since I had been on my feet since 9:30am and needed to break to use the ladies room. I don't think everyone in the room heard the last part of my comment. Obviously, my choice of words was poor -- especially since I appreciate how long our flight attendants are on their feet when they are working. When I say I appreciate your hard work and the great job you are doing for our customer, I sincerely mean it.

Despite this, I believe both the Chicago and London meetings were very good. I continue to be impressed with your understanding of the business, your courage to ask tough questions and your willingness to listen to the answers. I know that what is happening in our company affects everyone very deeply. I understand your emotion and concern surrounding our current situation. But accompanying that is your extraordinary determination and your resolve to do everything within your control to ensure United's long-term success. That attitude is what sets us apart from our competition. Our Marketrak ratings are a tangible sign that you are focused on the customer.

and then a bunch more rhetoric about how we are the best in the industry. Actions speak louder than words! :(

Seems to me that she was not using any damage control here. May as well not mention it Jane. Do you actually think we believe that you stood in front of all those people and announced you needed a potty break? Come on!

Fly said:
Hello, this is Jane Allen with an update for Friday, November 19.

I don't think everyone in the room heard the last part of my comment.

[post="202667"][/post]​

Better yet, did anyone hear that last part of her comment?

Incredible.

Talk about damage control!! It sure didn't take Tilton long to get her to put out an explanation, or at least what passes for one in the Executive Suite of WHQ. They must be taking their spin lessons from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Latest posts