JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the TA article titled Management Rights says? It's not from the TWU agreement. Is it new or something from the IAM CBA?

Probably that management can run the business as they see fit.  It is in our TWU contract too but don't have a copy of it here at home.

Thanks OldGuy, seems like I do remember that language somewhere in our CBA. Just thought they might have put "They Can Do That Brother" in a designated Article!

Another thing is the IAM CBA is no longer on our locals website, convenient..

Reactions: 1 person
2ndGENAMT said:
Thanks OldGuy, seems like I do remember that language somewhere in our CBA. Just thought they might have put "They Can Do That Brother" in a designated Article!

Another thing is the IAM CBA is no longer on our locals website, convenient..
I think I might have it on my work computer so if you message me an email address I'll send it to you.  I'll look for it as soon as I go into work in the morning.  I'm about 90% sure I have it though.

This is a part of Article 28  from the TWU Contracts which I felt should have been removed for a long time:

ARTICLE 28 - NO DISCRIMINATION, AND RECOGNITION OF RIGHTS AND COMPLIANCE

28 B     The Union recognizes that the Company will have sole jurisdiction of the management and operation of its business, the direction of its working force, the right to maintain discipline and efficiency in its hangars, stations, shops or other places of employment, and the right of the Company to hire, discipline and discharge employees for just cause, subject to the provisions of this Agreement. It is agreed that the rights enumerated in this Article will not be deemed to exclude other preexisting rights of management not enumerated which do not conflict with other provisions of this Agreement. 

Once a tentative agreement is reached what is the general feeling about one passing a vote? Now of course I realize it's all about the devil in the details. But assuming its run of the mill contract and similar to other work groups will it pass?

UPNAWAY said:
Once a tentative agreement is reached what is the general feeling about one passing a vote? Now of course I realize it's all about the devil in the details. But assuming its run of the mill contract and similar to other work groups will it pass?
If there's a decent pay raise it will pass the majority will not read the TA to see what is being given up.

UPNAWAY said:
IAMNPF = a NO for me and all the LAA that I have talked to.

Reactions: 9 people
Flying low said:
If there's a decent pay raise it will pass the majority will not read the TA to see what is being given up.
Man, I sure hope not. If there is a time to read the full contract offer and note all changes, it is now. Everyone must know which contract they end up going by.  I know what you mean about just seeing the $$$$ signs, as we have the same problem with many here. I really hope your membership really takes the time to get educated on the differences and not just focus on the money.

From Jetwire:

Help American land Haneda slots
Last week American submitted an application to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) proposing to operate daily, year-round, nonstop service to Tokyo Haneda (HND) from LAX and DFW. In February, American launched LAX-HND service using one of four nighttime slot pairs available to U.S. carriers. Going forward, six U.S. carrier flights will be available between the U.S. and HND – five during the day and one at night. Both of the flights American seeks utilize daytime slots. Learn more about the application on Jetnet. Employees and customers can show their support for American’s proposal by signing the petition at aa.com/takeaction and by tweeting using the hashtag #LetAAFlyHaneda.

Give me an industry comparable contract and maybe, just maybe I'll scratch your back!!

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.