Jet Pull

Ya know I REALLY want to see things work out on the ramp in PHL. Neverminding your diatribe against me personally. BUT you make it SOOOOO Difficult to support the ramp. I talk to tons of US workers and I'll spare you the stories I hear and thier opinions of PHL ramp. Suffice it to say it's not the kindest assesment.

Other than the people that can produce equipment and manpower, PHL ramp couldn't care less about support from you or anyone else. Don't want it, don't need it.

I didn't like you from the moment I read your thread last year where you named a F/A that you had a problem with on a flight, and the steps you were taking (demanding) against this agent. You still never told us what the incident was, even though you said you would. I guess it's like the time you went into a self imposed exile, but soon returned.

I don't like you, or the type of person that you portray to be on this board. I'm sure you don't like me either, and that's fine. I will however continue to point out when I think you are wrong concerning the ramp in PHL, just as I'm sure you'll continue to comment on things I say. That's just the nature of these boards.

:shock:
The quicker you all get on board the better we will all be .
No problem with the dry humor,its kept me going for years now,its just the dry lube Im getting tired of.
For heavens sake will all you us/west folks stop sounding like your all in a frekin 12 step program,humor will not solve the problems in PHL.
There are as many good us/east as us/west folks.Lots of loyal workers that do want to see this work,a real show of change from managment will help.

The lines between east and west are already starting to blur, I don't think bulldog is US at all, in another post they refer to themselves as an outsider. BTW have you noticed you can no longer click on the user name for detailed info, but you can on the bottom page list...

Bulldog doesn’t know the CWA contract language but makes statements as facts regarding it.

What you folks in the east need to understand we joke around and have fun I dont take anything too seriously. The quicker you all get on board the better we will all be .

I take customer service very serious obviously you do not with your views of a inferior pay scale

I expect the WN attitude has a lot to do with a superior business plan and superior compensation.

Studies show that while compensation cannot create major satisfaction, it CAN create dissatisfaction.

HP/West would not long tolerate HP/East making more $$, so I expect some more adjustments.

Who will be satisfied remains to be seen.

This helps explain why the HP folks are positive and upbeat for in some cases dramitically lower wages. It
If HP customer service agents have a positive and upbeat attitude why did they voted in a union 6 months ago? I know why US agents did

You're right. PHL is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, money making cities that U has. This is in spite of years of mismanagement.

Too bad it is most likely also the biggest money loser....

it makes money in spite of itself...imagine if it did things even half ass correct...

:down:

Interestingly enough there have been many studies done on the correlation between pay and both worker job satisfaction and customer service and the thing that astounded the researchers was that rate of pay had very little to do with job or the level of customer satisfaction.

The overiding answer was the way in which the employee was trained and ultimately treated by the employer. Now this is not to say that economic realities don't enter in because they do.

This helps explain why the HP folks are positive and upbeat for in some cases dramitically lower wages. It also would explain why the SWA rampers in PHL seem to have less issues. US management has done a horrible job in this regard and it is reflected in the attitudes here.
Are you saying(many studies do you believe them) that an employees rate of pay has very little to do with employees AND customer satisfaction?

I don't know about the mechanics contracts or other work groups. At America West, we never had much...not much hourly pay, however in many cases we made a trade off. For the Flight Attendants..and other work groups, flexibilty, number of vacation days, trip drops etc were somewhat traded in for a little lower wage. As a result, we have some nice perks to the contract in comparison to other money heavy contracts. Just another way to look at things. For US Airways guys...no doubt you gave a lot of concessions..for AWA people, we never had much to begin with, but we were pretty happy anyway. Of course you always want more!!

UWCactus,

I think your assessment is at the nexis of U/West and U/East. Reconciling the disparity, in the face of record fuel prices, is going to be tough.

I think the reconciliation will trend down towards U/West compensation levels as a result.

Bulldog doesn’t know the CWA contract language but makes statements as facts regarding it.
:down: John John Your personal knowledge of what , and what I dont know is impressive. I dont recall this thread being an attack on you or your opinions, so why the hostility?. Yes it is true that I am not a fan of the union, maybe I have good cause for my point of view. I respect those folks who are pro union and admire their passion.
This topic was started as a tonque in cheek humor. amd was not intended to be a bashing of the CWA/IBT.

And as for the specific charge you made, you are wrong. I have read and deeply studied the cwa contract. I have a very clear understanding of this document, its strengths and its limitations.
If I have offended you in any way or inflicted harm on you, please PM me and let me know what I did so I can clarify my statements Peace

Just my humble personal opinions stated

Quote=bulldog Oct 7 2005, 12:19 PM
What Exactly Has The Union Done For You?
If you look at the Attendance policy set by your union it is severe and unbending.
NO ATTENDANCE POLICY IN THE CWA AGREEMENT IT IS UP TO MANAGEMENT
Sorry just trying to set the record straight.

Quote=bulldog Oct 7 2005, 12:19 PM
What Exactly Has The Union Done For You?
If you look at the Attendance policy set by your union it is severe and unbending.
NO ATTENDANCE POLICY IN THE CWA AGREEMENT IT IS UP TO MANAGEMENT
Sorry just trying to set the record straight.

good point however my intent was the contracts that have been negotiated with the IBT for other work groups is rigid. I appologise for lumping together all of the unions. Secondly It would be foolish for anyone to catagorise the CWT contract as a good thing for the old US res agents, given all the concessions and outsorcing of the work to offshore.

Just as a point on this Attendance policy that isnt negotiated by CWA leaves a huge opportunity for the management to abuse. Correct me if I am wrong (I am sure you will) but the attendance policy set by management is harsh and you could be out the door at 10 to 12 occurences ??. The fact that CWA would not address this area of potential concern is negligent on the unions part.

once again just my humble personal opinion

Latest posts