JetBlue Appoints Tony Lowery, Vice President Technical Operations

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
This guy sure does get around in a very short amount of time.  He just doesn't seem to be able to stay put for any long term employment.  In just a matter of a dozen or so years he has went from US to SWA to Quatas to now JetBlue, I actually forget who he was with prior to US but I think it was a small airline like Frontier or Republic or something like that.  I will say this, beware guys, you can have him, there's a reason behind his departure from SWA...

JetBlue Appoints Tony Lowery, Vice President Technical Operations

just because he didn't work at one airline, esp. WN, hardly means he won't succeed at others.

further, he might well have been hired specifically to do short-term tasks or ones that others don't want to touch. and since all of the airlines before B6 have been in mergers or financial crises, perhaps he just had bad timing.

perhaps he is a bad apple but it is hard to know that just because he has been at multiple airlines.

and B6 certainly knew his employment history before they hired him.

Trust me moron. I know him personally. I know what I am talking about. Do you?  Look what he did at Quatas after 3 or 4 months.  If you don't know then STFU...

Reactions: 1 person
if he is really that bad, then are you saying that B6 is on the verge of the same meltdown that has taken place at other carriers?

and since he passed thru WN, what did he accomplish while he was there?

WorldTraveler said:
if he is really that bad, then are you saying that B6 is on the verge of the same meltdown that has taken place at other carriers?

and since he passed thru WN, what did he accomplish while he was there?
No.  I am not saying anything outside of offering a friendly warning to the employees in Tech-Ops.  He was brought in at Quantas as a hatchet man.  His ways did not fit in with the SWA culture here, and he did try to be the a hatchet man here, but the unions (as well as some management) wouldn't have any part of it.  My warning to JB employees are simply that, a warning.  This guy came and went from Quantas after locking out the mechanics and closing the doors on maint.  JB is non-union and he will be able to do what ever he wants with them since there is no contract in place at JB for the maint folks.  Although that all may change very quickly.  
You know, you would get alot less flack if you would quit trying to put words in others postings.  I actually have no clue what Lowery might do at JB.  Just giving a friendly "heads-up" to my fellow mechanics and maint employees since he was appointed VP of Tech Ops from the outside and this position is usually filled from within with someone who has been with the company for some time.  Just looks suspicious to me.  Good luck to the JB folks.  Do not trust this man soon to be in charge of the entire Tech Ops.