JetBlue Gets ETOPS - Hawaii On Agenda?

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
JetBlueRamper said:
I have a report that jetBlue got there ETOPS license and we'll be planning a hawaiian route in due time.

jetBlue does not serve LAX.....I dont think that we will be seeing JetBlue on the LAX-HNL route. LGB-HNL or OAK-HNL?

Question - why does jetBlue getting an ETOPS license automatically mean that jetBlue is off to Hawaii? Also, I was not aware that jetBlue's A320s carried the equipment required for ETOPS operations - are some or all of the A320s so configured? But how?

jetBlue does not serve LAX.....I dont think that we will be seeing JetBlue on the LAX-HNL route. LGB-HNL or OAK-HNL?

Question - why does jetBlue getting an ETOPS license automatically mean that jetBlue is off to Hawaii? Also, I was not aware that jetBlue's A320s carried the equipment required for ETOPS operations - are some or all of the A320s so configured? But how?
I'm not exactly sure if there are different levels of overwater operations and resulting equipment requirements, but I do recall reading many moons ago that B6 had equipped its planes to be able to fly farther out over the Atlantic enroute to FL in case of bad WX... not sure if that means life jackets and rafts.

What a/c are they going to fly to HNL, if they get it? An A320??? They couldn't even fly the A320 from JFK to the west coast earlier this year, without stopping for fuel.

You can't stop for fuel over the Pacific! :blink:

Flying to Hawaii is extremely unlikely. More flexibility in selecting NE - Caribbean routes, that I could see. Especially when, not if, JetBlue begins flying further south and east of San Juan.

I've been told by HP pilots that a A320 would have have to have to be weight restricted to the point it would not be profitable. Fuel to the max, passenger restriction, and probably no cargo. Especially during the winter headwinds.

Latest posts