JetBlue Interview

Diesel8

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Hi there,

Yes, you are probably hoping for to much to soon, but having said that, they will probably call you tomorrow:)

As far as your other concerns, no it will not be a problem for you getting the job.

jetBlue is in the position of hiring, as one of the few ones sadly, so quite a few applications, as you can imagine!

Keep your chin up, say a toast for us "Bloonies" on the 31st and let us hope, that we get a chance to fly together in 2003.

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

D8

I am one of the Airbus pilots at USAirways who is about to be furloughed on Jan 6, 2003. I applied to JetBlue on Oct 31 but have not heard a word about the possibility of an interview. Am I being too premature to expect an interview this soon. Can someone tell me how long it takes for a pilot to get an interview. Will the fact that I have 14 years of seniority and being 51 affect the decisions of the hiring managers. I have a AB320 type rating and over 2500 hours in the aircraft along with 2500+ jet PIC and 13,000+ total time. Will any of this prevent me from getting an interview.
Thanks.

The company does not discriminate against older pilots--case in point, my sim partner from last year (at JetBlue training) was 51.

Hang in there (yeah, I know...it's easy for me to say) and hopefully you'll get a call soon.

Best of luck,

Removed!

My sincerest apologies for the bitterness. I should have directed my views against ALPA itself versus "furloughed" US pilots. But one must admit that the senior group at US did "eat their young" in order to survive and ALPA backed every bit of it. Perhaps after it is all said and done ALPA will just turn into country club for the rich and famous. My point is just keep it out of Jet Blue.

15.gif']

Thanks for your words of encouragement... hopefully you are not included in management decisions about hiring and I hope you never need a job where I am the hiring manager.

There are those of us at U that are not happy with the way ALPA has sacrificed us to keep their and senior pilots jobs...don't assume that since we are ALPA pilots that we are happy ALPA pilots.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/2/2003 10:10:07 PM theantibob wrote:

You may want to consider flying one of those new shiny RJ's. It would be best if the US boys and girls steered clear because with your history of whining and snibbling its a sure bet that ALPA (ALPO) would tag along. We have a great operation and a superior rapport with management. Frankly, I rather see the "8" ball on the US boys and girls. Sorry, but best of luck elsewhere.
----------------
[/blockquote]
The antibob is exactly why I have left aviation. What a joy you would be to work with!

Mentorforhealth, I agree with you 100% concerning ALPA. They did sacrifice the 14-15 year pilots to save the senior guys retirement.
15.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/2/2003 10:10:07 PM theantibob wrote:

You may want to consider flying one of those new shiny RJ's. It would be best if the US boys and girls steered clear because with your history of whining and snibbling its a sure bet that ALPA (ALPO) would tag along. We have a great operation and a superior rapport with management. Frankly, I rather see the "8" ball on the US boys and girls. Sorry, but best of luck elsewhere.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What a bunch of you know what. I worked for U for three years and start with jetBlue next week. Most pilots furloughed or leaving U would like nothing to do with ALPA. Let me guess you worked for one of the WO's? That's what I figured.

I have flown with many U pilots at JBLU, they have been nothing but professional. I wish you the best of luck in getting a job at JBLU.

Anyone who can add something positive is welcome in my book. Whiners (no matter where you come from) need not apply.

Can't help but wonder if US pilots were willing to work for JBLU wages and work rules a few years ago that you might still have a US job?

Ok.....set the record straight....what is JBU annual pay and what are the crux of the workrules......and I'll answer that question.

DENVER, CO