JetBlue Jumps In With premium Offer For Spirit

SWAMECH

Apr 26, 2005
I tend to lean with this guy who is a shareholder in JB. Especially with the NEA and all these other distractions, not to mention the Fed suit against the NEA. I will throw my guess out there and say BOD will still seek Frontier over JetBlue, however, could Spirit go with JB and when it fails and they get paid the 350 million breakup fee and then turn and use those $$$ to still go ahead and merger with Frontier. Now that would be ideal to have JB fund a good bit of the cost of the Frontier/Spirit merger :) Now that would be hilarious...

SWAMECH

Apr 26, 2005
And there you have it, Frontier finally makes the move that should put the final nails in the coffin on JetBlue's offer. Been waiting to hear this/something from Frontier. Spirit BOD is confirming they will fully support the Frontier offer. They will vote this coming Thursday in special meeting. Does JB get desperate and throw a ridiculous overpriced offer at them? I doubt it...

SWAMECH

Apr 26, 2005
More drama in the final days leading up to the shareholders vote as JetBlue sends out a newly revised (do I say 4th offer) offer increasing cash and upfront payments as well as the break up fee increased by 50 million to 400 million...

SWAMECH

Apr 26, 2005
Time for JetBlue to take advantage of more time. Very apparent that the Spirit BOD did not see this vote going Spirit's way...

But all so confident yesterday morning in this interview: