Jetblue To Pit?

ClueByFour

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Pittsburgh International Airport chief Kent George believes there is a "very, very strong possibility" that low-fare upstart JetBlue Airways will start service from Pittsburgh late this year or early next spring.

The fast-growing 5-year-old airline, one of the industry's few profitable carriers, most likely would fly to its home base of New York, where it has space at John F. Kennedy International and LaGuardia airports, the Allegheny County Airport Authority executive director said yesterday during a taping of KDKA-TV's Sunday Business Page, which airs Sunday at 8:30 a.m.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05147/511213.stm

ClueByFour comments: George, in the past, has only said things in such a definitive manner if it's a done deal. This would mark the third or fourth LCC incursion into PIT in the past few years. It seems that there are airlines adding capacity, despite claims by some on this forum that PIT flying is "unprofitable."

Were this to happen, US can count on further erosion of RASM from this particular focus city to key points: NYC, BOS, and possibly Florida and the islands.

I could launch into the "who was first on this forum" stuff. I won't. In the irony department, I understand that B6 has a fairly liberal jumpseat policy.

USA320Pilot said:
So what.

JetBlues

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="273485"][/post]​

From that article:

The company announced positive first-quarter results on April 21.....

It's a sound strategy for JetBlue to take on new routes because it has the best load numbers in the business.

Keep 'em coming. The latter quote, given the context of your remarks, just goes to further prove what the ACAA is already saying.

But "So What?" is quite witty. Tell me, why would the premier LCC (LUV) and the up-and-comer (B6) both be either adding or considering adding flying to a location which you deemed "unprofitable" on many occasions?

(not to mention that HP actually added flights to PIT as US pulled them back)

When would be a good time to admit that drinking the company kool-aide and repeating the mantra verbatum is wrong?

Oh listen to this whine fest.. "SO WHAT".. HA HA HA.... You cry baby.

All you can do is tell the world about everything you don't know and as soon as someone says something you can't dispute you cry foul..

So what? You are right.. So what.

So JetBlue intends to jam it in.. You are right.. So what.

What a one way you are.

JetBlue has a job fair in PIT for pilots you will be the first in line. Pick me Monty, pick me!!! (or should it be Pick me Dave, Pick me)

USA320Pilot said:
So what.

JetBlues

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="273485"][/post]​

justaumechanic said:
Oh listen to this whine fest.. "SO WHAT".. HA HA HA.... You cry baby.

All you can do is tell the world about everything you don't know and as soon as someone says something you can't dispute you cry foul..

So what? You are right.. So what.

So JetBlue intends to jam it in.. You are right.. So what.

What a one way you are.

JetBlue has a job fair in PIT for pilots you will be the first in line. Pick me Monty, pick me!!! (or should it be Pick me Dave, Pick me)
[post="273524"][/post]​
your a jerk. and that's a compliment coming from me.

Do you think I really care?

You are another one on this forum that spews company crap.. You defend that guy like he's your brother!!!

Call me what you want.. The fact is your running on fumes, both engines are on fire, ground getting closer and your running out of people to blame..

I have a really good idea.. How about US Airways outsources all the flying to Ryan Aviation like AirTran did.. How would you like that? What would be the difference??

You think nothing of outsourcing everyone else on the property so how about you? Oh thats right.. Your a pilot.. Your important.. Yeah right..

Lets get back on topic.. JetBlue will fly to PIT.. They will use their E190's and passengers will be lined up for the service.. Just like Southwest.. Giving the public exactly what it wants vs boning them...

JetBlue and Southwest are making money in the worst of times.. Think of what they will make in the best of times!! And don't feed us the AmericaWest is making money crap.. They lost money.. The only reason they showed a profit was on selling fuel hedges.. Their operation loses money..

etops1 said:
your a jerk. and that's a compliment coming from me.
[post="273538"][/post]​

PIT-JFK returns!

JetBlue would be wise to setup some co-operative agreements with international airlines at JFK. Not a code-share or even joining an alliance, but just some way to make it easier for passengers in other cities to make an international trip out of JFK seamlessly.

I suppose you could buy the JB ticket and the intl. ticket, but a baggage passthrough and/or check-in option at the originating city would make the overall trip easier.

DL (connection) serves PITJFK and has baggage agreements w/ just about every airline imaginable. Passengers who want baggage transfer should fly DL. People who want the lowest cost will fly JetBlue.

PIT won't be the only midwest city B6 will decide to serve.

JetBlue has a lot of Airbus and EMB-190 aircraft on order and these aircraft will continue to be deployed throughout the new US Airways system. So what. US Airways, America West, or any other carrier can not run from the competition and must compete.

In regard to Justaumechanic I believe he is a furloughed mechanic who is very angry and bitter, which makes his nonsensical comments and sentiment somewhat understanding.

The new US Airways business plan is attractive to people who are willing to provide the combined airline with significant liquidity. I believe it's important to note the ransaction is expected to be financed with approximately $1.5 billion of new capital from:

-- $350 million of committed new equity plus a planned rights offering

-- More than $675 million from partners and suppliers

-- $250 million or more from aircraft-related financings and/or sales

-- Expected release of $200-300 million in cash reserves

The combination would form one of the industry’s most financially stable airlines with $10 billion in annual revenues, approximately $2 billion in total cash and among the lowest debt levels of all major airlines.

The new airline is expected to have one of the most efficient work groups in the industry. Once the anticipated annual cost savings and revenue synergies of over $600 million are implemented, the new airline will be positioned for profitability at oil prices above $50 per barrel.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

And USAirways will be a "Global carrier of choice" Will buy UAL Will acquire AA Will be the cats meow for NW when they integrate............................................

big yawn........

AAviator:

With all due respect, you're another person whose anger shows through your posts. You're sentiment is not representative of the rank-and-file US Airways employee. Nonetheless, when would now be a good time to get past your bitterness and move on? Life is too short...

Meanwhile, to help you get educated and for more information on recent US Airways and United's M&A activity click here.

By the way, how are your personal emails now?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

The new airline is expected to have one of the most efficient work groups in the industry. Once the anticipated annual cost savings and revenue synergies of over $600 million are implemented, the new airline will be positioned for profitability at oil prices above $50 per barrel.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Sounds like some of the companys PR, but somehow I just cannot believe it? As for standing up to other airlines past history show U turns and runs? Am I another bitter X employee, no a very happy one collecting my severance :up:

Hopefully this merger will go through as I can only speak for the maintenance department but it is in dire need of overhaul! That would be an incentive for some of those on furlough to return.

USA320Pilot said:
So what.

JetBlues

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="273485"][/post]​

So what. jetBlue continuing to invade US Airways turf, with low fares and extremely low costs, should be of concern to any US Airways employee. Particularly if it has the ability to begin attacks on prime US Airways routes like PIT-NYC and PIT-BOS.

It may not be news, since we all know jetBlue has lots of airplanes coming, but it is certainly important to the next 11 years of US Airways.