Jetblue To The Caribbean?

How can JB only have 2 gates at FLL? If FLL was(is) going to be a big station for JB whomever was planning this lease should be ordered to see a psychiatrist. JB should have 4 or 5 gates given the volume at FLL. If I was in charge of JB, I would start looking for a swap even if it means oving to another terminal at FLL. After JFK FLL is the second or third most important station. Also fix the problem a PBI, where JB has only 1 gate. When JB arrived at PBI they took over 1of 2 old TWA gates, why didn't they take over both? Air Tran got the second gate, all those 45 minutes of waiting on the tarmac could be eliminated. Wha is JB spending on fuel on those A320 while they wait? I wouldn't want to know.

JFK777 said:
How can JB only have 2 gates at FLL? If FLL was(is) going to be a big station for JB whomever was planning this lease should be ordered to see a psychiatrist. JB should have 4 or 5 gates given the volume at FLL. If I was in charge of JB, I would start looking for a swap even if it means oving to another terminal at FLL. After JFK FLL is the second or third most important station. Also fix the problem a PBI, where JB has only 1 gate. When JB arrived at PBI they took over 1of 2 old TWA gates, why didn't they take over both? Air Tran got the second gate, all those 45 minutes of waiting on the tarmac could be eliminated. Wha is JB spending on fuel on those A320 while they wait? I wouldn't want to know.
I dont know what the deal is at FLL, but youre right. Im sure that theyre looking into getting more space .. but we both know how competetive the industry is and im sure no one is willing to move/share .. though I do hear something is in the works. As well, when jB first started, no one thought that we'd be succesful so originally im sure we got only what they had.

19x daily JFK-FLL? no one saw that coming! haha .. but then again .. I stear clear of NY-FLL/PBI.

As for PBI, Im surprised that PBI-BOS was never initiated ... though Im glad to see that BOS is doing so outstanding anyway (even BOS-DEN which I thought would never do well, but then again I hate redeyes).

Im sure good things are to come. Ill ask D&D at the next pocket session.

downline7 said:
I dont know what the deal is at FLL, but youre right. Im sure that theyre looking into getting more space .. but we both know how competetive the industry is and im sure no one is willing to move/share .. though I do hear something is in the works. As well, when jB first started, no one thought that we'd be succesful so originally im sure we got only what they had.

19x daily JFK-FLL? no one saw that coming! haha .. but then again .. I stear clear of NY-FLL/PBI.

As for PBI, Im surprised that PBI-BOS was never initiated ... though Im glad to see that BOS is doing so outstanding anyway (even BOS-DEN which I thought would never do well, but then again I hate redeyes).

Im sure good things are to come. Ill ask D&D at the next pocket session.
I have to correct myself .. as of today, its 17x day. Ouch.

Jetblue has always had this policy of capturing as much of the market as possible, so they keep adding flights, rather than starting new routes. But that is partly why AA thought they could hurt them with the free ticket give away. On about 6 routes to the West, Jetblue had half its total capacity. Didn't cause as much damage as AA expected to inflict, but maybe next time someone will be more desperate.

Well, AA is trying again to sway passengers, although no two for one tix deal this time.

"FORT WORTH, Texas, May 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Nonstop travel on American Airlines to three Caribbean destinations from New York's John F. Kennedy Airport will bring an added bonus to American Airlines AAdvantage® members: double AAdvantage miles from June 10 through Aug. 31. Nonstop flights between New York and San Juan, Puerto Rico, or Santo Domingo and Santiago in the Dominican Republic are eligible for the double-miles bonus offer.
During July and August, American is adding a fourth daily nonstop to Santo Domingo and a third daily nonstop to Santiago from JFK, further underscoring American's already substantial commitment to the New York metropolitan area, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic."

Dizel8 said:
Well, AA is trying again to sway passengers, although no two for one tix deal this time.

"FORT WORTH, Texas, May 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Nonstop travel on American Airlines to three Caribbean destinations from New York's John F. Kennedy Airport will bring an added bonus to American Airlines AAdvantage® members: double AAdvantage miles from June 10 through Aug. 31. Nonstop flights between New York and San Juan, Puerto Rico, or Santo Domingo and Santiago in the Dominican Republic are eligible for the double-miles bonus offer.
During July and August, American is adding a fourth daily nonstop to Santo Domingo and a third daily nonstop to Santiago from JFK, further underscoring American's already substantial commitment to the New York metropolitan area, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic."
This is great for elite FFs who will be sitting in the front of the bus, but there is fundamental problem that AA has in this fight; they are offering an inferior coach product on these routes.

No more MRTC (just as JetBlue added room), no leather seats, no little tvs, and no "hip factor."

It will be interesting to see if the extra AA miles work - but I think AA has an uphill fight in this battle.

Flying Titan said:
This is great for elite FFs who will be sitting in the front of the bus, but there is fundamental problem that AA has in this fight; they are offering an inferior coach product on these routes.

No more MRTC (just as JetBlue added room), no leather seats, no little tvs, and no "hip factor."

It will be interesting to see if the extra AA miles work - but I think AA has an uphill fight in this battle.
FlyingTitan ...

Good point. However, the TV's only work for the 1st 45 minutes of the Caribbean bound flights (and the last 45 minutes of the JFK bound flights).

However, when the Fox Entertainment/Pay Per View Programming and movies come, it wont be satellite based and it will all be availble free to any PR, DR, or other Caribben city we serve ... which I think is fantastic.

My only hope for jetBlue is that we add additional frequencies to these cities ... enough with these bizarre redeyes!

So far so good though, the news is is that the DR flights are getting full!

Latest posts