Jfk Hub?

HGIEFOswitch

Nov 5, 2003
What is the latest w/ the new terminal construction? It seems like it slowed down. I remember seeing that AA gained over 100 slots from TWA. Is AA going to let B6 continue its expansion out of JFK or will AMR start acting like it means business in NYC? IMO, AA needs to start hubbing out of JFK. It sickens me to see B6 airplanes parked at TWA terminal 5. AMR should of used T5 until T8/T9 construction was complete....IMOHO (arm chair QB). Lastly, I'm sick of the JetBlue hype. I hope AA will quit responding to B6 and take the lead at JFK.

AA is just protecting its JFK Transcon premuim franchise. Only UA can match AA to LAX and SFO with frequency and 3 class service. HP should learn AA is not to be angered, anyone remember an airline named Braniff, AA now operates its system to Latin America.

s80dude said:
I thought we got Latin America from Eastern Airlines?
But Eastern got them from Braniff when it went out of business.

United took over the old Pan American routes to Latin America.

Thank you for the 2 PHX-JFK flights. I will support that 100%. Thanks!

Also - great for trans-atlantic connections

HGIEFOswitch said:
What is the latest w/ the new terminal construction? It seems like it slowed down. I remember seeing that AA gained over 100 slots from TWA. Is AA going to let B6 continue its expansion out of JFK or will AMR start acting like it means business in NYC? IMO, AA needs to start hubbing out of JFK. It sickens me to see B6 airplanes parked at TWA terminal 5. AMR should of used T5 until T8/T9 construction was complete....IMOHO (arm chair QB). Lastly, I'm sick of the JetBlue hype. I hope AA will quit responding to B6 and take the lead at JFK.

Sorry it sickens you to see our airplanes there. I'm sure some TWA people are a little sick about seeing AA in some places, too.

It sickens me to see B6 airplanes parked at TWA terminal 5

Sorry to read that your disgust for jetBlue has given you an upset tummy. It might help if you don't look in the direction of T5 when you visit JFK. In the meantime I'll light a candle for you. :p

Just curios how many gates does Terminal 5 have? Why don't they use it anymore? how many slots did TWA have at JFK?

BTW- I would much rather see the TWA livery at Terminal 5 than AA's or JetBlue.

To those TWAErs that are sickened to see AA in some places, WHY DON'T THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CURRENTLY COLLECTING AA PAYCHECKS, ROBBING AAERS OF THEIR VACATION, GETTING MAX SICK TIME FOR ONLY 32 MONTHS OF AA SERVICE.............................QUIT!

QUIT IF YOU HATE THE WAY AA TREATED YOU. QUIT IF YOU THINK YOU SHOULD ALL BE EMPLOYED AND HAVE ANOTHER 20000 AMERICAN EMPLOYEES HIT THE STREET....JUST QUIT SINCE YOU HATE THIS COMPANY WHICH KEPT MOST OF YOU EMPLOYEED....QUIT! JUST QUIT ALREADY!

SINCE TWA WAS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD, JUST QUIT, BUY A USED AIRPLANE PAINT IT IN TWA LIVERY AND START YOUR OWN AIRLINE....QUIT IF YOU HATE THIS COMPANY SO MUCH....QUIT!

STOP COMPLAINING HOW AA *&%ED YOU SO BADLY!

QUIT!

TO THIS DAY WE HAVE TO HEAR TWA EMPLOYEES SHOULD ALL BE EMPLOYED AND THE AMERICAN AIRLINES SHOULD BE ON THE STREET!

THEY'VE BEEN SCREWING THEIR EMPLOYEES LONG BEFORE THEY PURCHASED TWA!

WHAT MAKES YOU PEOPLE SO DAMN SPECIAL?

YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY AIRLINE EMPLOYEES EVER TO GET SCREWED.

DO YOU REMEMBER EASTERN AIRLINES?
THERE WERE ACTUALLY PEOPLE WHO COMITTED SUICIDE OVER THAT ONE.

DO YOU REMEMBER THE BIG BLUE BALL OF PAN AM?

DO YOU REMEMBER BRANIFF?

DO YOU REMEMBER THER CURRENT AA EMPLOYEES,AT THIS TIME, STILL GETTING THE SHAFT?

I suppose Ozcobber and MiAAmi are not affected by concessions!
Maybe you two are in management and did not "share in the pain."

But neither of you two have answered the question:

WHAT MAKES TWA PEOPLE SO SPECIAL?

The CAPS are on because you are selective on which issue you are willing to answer.