Jfk Terminal?

The latest is early September. They are getting Terminal C prepared. Windows washed, taxi lines and guide in lines painted.

You'd think in the interest of easing connections and generating revenue, management would actively attempt to get as many Oneworld carriers on the property as feasible, but that isnt the case, Aer Lingus just signed a ten year lease with the IAT for gate and counter space.IB is out of there, LAN is at 8 with BA and QF and the only Oneworld carrier we handle is AY.

Nice work.

Thirdhand, several of the oneworld partners think that we should be giving them a ZED rate when it comes to ground handling services. If we can't break even on the ground handling contract, we won't do it.

desertfox said:
Bob Owens said:
Ok, looked at the link, it was about a cargo terminal, not the AA term.

Guess you didnt bother to read the whole article......here is a clipout regarding the passenger terminals.

More recently at JFK, the IDA has approved tax-exempt bond financing for Continental Airlines’ $30 million air cargo facility, American Airlines’ $1.3 billion overhaul and replacement of its passenger terminals, and the $100 million second phase renovation of British Airways’ passenger terminal.
[post="230421"][/post]​

Actually, everybody's right and wrong at the same time. It's neither AA's terminal, nor is it AA responsibility to pay for the bonds. It's merely a lease, a 'grandfather' lease. If AA goes under some day, they ( PANYNJ- landlord ) will just slap someone else's name on there and that's that.

AAquila said:
Actually, everybody's right and wrong at the same time. It's neither AA's terminal, nor is it AA responsibility to pay for the bonds. It's merely a lease, a 'grandfather' lease. If AA goes under some day, they ( PANYNJ- landlord ) will just slap someone else's name on there and that's that.
[post="274321"][/post]​

That is true for EVERY building, structure, facility, etc. at the PANYNJ airports.

Hopeful said:
The latest is early September. They are getting Terminal C prepared. Windows washed, taxi lines and guide in lines painted.
[post="274103"][/post]​

I initially posted a question about the "Terminal C"; but have since edited it. I had never heard of such a terminal reference at JFK.

Now I have been to the Port Aurthority website and seen that A and B are in Term 8 and D is in Term 9. I think it would be more appropriate to use the word "Concourse" rather than "Terminal". The PA uses neither.

But why should it take all summer to paint lines and wash windows?

upsilon said:
I initially posted a question about the "Terminal C"; but have since edited it.  I had never heard of such a terminal reference at JFK. 

Now I have been to the Port Aurthority website and seen that A and B are in Term 8 and D is in Term 9.  I think it would be more appropriate to use the word "Concourse" rather than "Terminal".  The PA uses neither.

But why should it take all summer to paint lines and wash windows?
[post="274510"][/post]​

We refer to it as Terminal C.
Why? Beats me!

Another reason could be is that the elevator union has been on strike for about two months now.

But I would guess that since AA at JFK operates out of Terminals 8 and 9, for the time being, AA is considering it a separate building until completion.