Job Cuts Possible At Ric

well ABE is on the list for the ramp along with 20 other cities yet we only work one mainline jet a day 7 days a week. my question is, only a handful of our employees on the ramp are topped does it actually make sense to farm out the ramp? we work 15 or 16 commuter plus the mainline jet total a day out of abe.

"There's a marked difference in the quality of work at airports where jobs are handled by private contractors instead of veteran US Airways employees, according to the pilot"

This says it all. Too bad nobody at the top in CCY has enough smarts to realize this small detail.

wings396 said:
"There's a marked difference in the quality of work at airports where jobs are handled by private contractors instead of veteran US Airways employees, according to the pilot"

This says it all. Too bad nobody at the top in CCY has enough smarts to realize this small detail.
[post="252544"][/post]​

Its all about dollars Dude.. Has nothing to do with quality of customer service.. Its all about the dollars..

Will those employees there get the offer to transfer to another station or just out the door? With the career fairs being held for PHL andCLT, maybe the RIC rampers could consider one of these stations, or is this even an option. For those with 15 yrs, retirement could also be an option. For those with less than 15, then maybe a transfer?

Any and All Class 2 cities are on the hit list. There are a few that were not listed on the "Outsource" list in the contract, but they fall short of the minimum amount of weekly Mainline flights. Look at the bright side here, none of these employees will have to pay Union dues after their jobs are eliminated!!!

THis is what you voted for! Iam members either cant read or not very well informed they give up 31 cities on ramp and CWA keeps all
there members working on inside plus the chance of 15000.00 buy out.
IAM should be sued for misrepresentation of its members.

28yrsnojob said:
THis is what you voted for! Iam members either cant read or not very well informed they give up 31 cities on ramp and CWA keeps all
there members working on inside plus the chance of 15000.00 buy out.
IAM should be sued for misrepresentation of its members.
[post="253106"][/post]​

Or members should be slapped for misinterpretation or how about for just dropping that yes vote in the box? You made your bed you yes voters weep you no voters keep whining.

Wow...got to love te one post.

Lose your job in your city,pick up and Move
with a company that is hanging by a TOE NAIL.

NOW THERE IS A THOUGHT.

OUTSORCE THE GOOD STATIONS AND LEAVE THE
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM STILL GOING.

OUTSORCING OF THE SMALLER CITIES WILL JUST
PUT MORE WHOLES IN A SINKING SHIP.

If it's about the money lets get the bigger cities on track.

Like the problem child PHL.

i have to ask why should some of these employees who already moved before have to move again just to keep the job? if usair goes ahead and contracts out any or all of the listed cities, then their service will go out the window and of course they will have far more problems trying to get flts out on time and this would be especially difficult during the winter. the contracted employees are going to say why do i need the job with no benes. and no travel perks while i have to deice the planes when i can get a better job. it is sad. i believ that if anyone gets outsourcesd, it should be mgmt and phlly--due to their onging problems

wings396 said:

[post="252544"][/post]​
according to 'the" pilot ? But.....but....but, usa320 is "THE" pilot ... and he doesn't fly into RIC does he? Don't tell me someone is moving into his territory! Just who does this person think he is? "THE" pilot? We'll have to see what CCY has to say about this! :shock: