Job Fairs

WNrforlife

Senior
Apr 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I know that you a probably just dreaming about working for Southwest as most people are, but the truth of the matter is - you probaly won''t get hired. You see, Southwest is one of the most sought after employers. They can pick the from the cream of the crop.

Don''t get your hopes up.

I am thinking about attending one of the BWI Job Fairs. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in as to what to expect there. Is it pretty much a casual dress type event, and is it worth bringing a resume along? Do they interview on the spot, or is it just an application taking process? Any helpful info would be appreciated...Thanks.

----------------
On 6/17/2003 10:40:14 PM WNrforlife wrote:

I know that you a probably just dreaming about working for Southwest as most people are, but the truth of the matter is - you probaly won''t get hired. You see, Southwest is one of the most sought after employers. They can pick the from the cream of the crop.

Don''t get your hopes up.

----------------​
Nice reply..Shows the lack of class you have.

wings,

First off, ignore WNrforlife. I''ve seen his/her posts on this board for a while, and it''s seems pretty obvious that he/she is a fraud, pretending to be an arrogant WN employee to alienate those on this board who show a legitimate interest in Southwest. WNrforlife''s posts on this board sounds suspiciously like Watts over on the Yahoo! boards.

Having gotten that out of the way...
Having worked at a job fair or two myself, here''s my personal suggestions: yes, do bring a resume along. In fact, you may want to bring a few copies. If you don''t have a resume, they usually have a resume replacement form you can fill out. However, having a resume prepared just looks better and more professional, if you get my drift.

A word about casual dress...some people think casual dress means shorts and a t-shirt. My suggestion would be to go business casual, rather than just casual. Slacks, khakis, a button-down shirt, that sort of thing. And make sure you look neat and pressed. Yes, we''re a casual company, but casual doesn''t mean sloppy. Your appearance says a lot about you, and a neat and pressed appearance says that you care about first impressions, and that you are truly interested in getting a job with Southwest. An overly casual, unpressed appearance says that you really could care less whether you get the job.

As I said, these are just my personal suggestions and observations. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck to you!

hobbes, Thank you for the reply. I had planned on business casual, but just wanted to confirm with someone in the know. I also do have a resume prepared to bring along. I knew my question would bring a few wise remarks out of the closet, but a professional one like yours made it worth while. Thanks again.