John Nikides Letter To Lax-d Base

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
(John gave me permission to post this.)

Hey everybody...

The Department of Labor has directed that the 16 ballots, previously deemed invalid by the APFA National Ballot Committee, be opened and counted today, August 12, 2004, at 1330 CDT.

The outcome of this ballot count could ultimately determine who will serve as APFA President for the next four years.

To that end, I left an all-call voice mail message late yesterday afternoon for the APFA Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Division Representatives and Coordinators. I expressed my desire that this union move forward, and that we accept the results of the newly opened ballots as final and binding.

Should the incumbent be determined to have garnered the majority of the total votes, then the results must be certified and we must move on. However, should the challenger be determined to have received the majority of total votes, then she needs to be installed as APFA President, as soon as practicable. After much consideration, I am simply not willing to rip this membership apart with yet another election, nor will I block the Department of Labor's attempts to set things right.

I have asked that all parties, whatever their preferences and political affiliation, put aside their differences and do what is fair. A VOTE IS A VOTE IS A VOTE. I, as a Board member, am neither willing to compromise my ethics nor am I willing to block justice by not recognizing the validity of these votes.

This is not about who John Nikides wants for the Presidential position, nor has it ever been. This is about fairness, and doing what is right.

Then, and only then, will we be able to rebuild our unity.

Stay tuned.

In unity,

John Nikides
LAX Chairperson