Join The New Cwa Vent Club

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
I'm starting this new thread for CWA members to vent their frustrations, and voice their opinions regarding this mess we find ourselves in. I also have a question. I have read several times that the company is looking at everyone that calls in sick, and may try to fire them for it. If I happen to get ill during this time, do I really have to worry about getting fired because the company thinks I want to get even with them for the pay cut???????? I only have a little over 170 sick days in my sick bank, and several first class free upgrade letters that I have never used, and probably never will. Let's hear from all CWA members.

My supervisor handed me my anniversary pin today, albeit reluctantly, she has never been one of the smug ones, and I asked her what was she going to do when there was noone left to supervise, she shrugged her shoulders, hung her head and walked off.

Regardless of what they say percentage wise they are asking for, one of my coworkers calculated it as alot more than 30+-%.

What was really sad was the phone call I made tonight when I got home to my elderly parents telling them I was visiting as planned before Xmas and that would probably be my last one for along time, and with that the implication that they wouldnt be seeing their grandchildren ever again. (My parents live out of the USA).

I work with people that are retiring now that it has been reduced to 45 days, that are worried about health coverage when the company takes that off retirees.

I am just gobsmacked at how overnight how the company's outlook has gone from dismal but an ok company to management's blatant destruction of the company in all facets and total morale loss of its backbone - the workers.

I believe the airline's days are numbered...I can't see between CWA the flight attendants, the mechanics being bashed by the management, that the airline is expected to survive...I believe all these moves have been to destroy the airline, eliminate the hard working union members and set in place a liquidation plan...A way for the airline to try to blame the loss of the airline and it's jobs on the employees...instead of inept management....

I don't believe there will be a vote from the CWA, flight attendants or mechanics on further give-aways after the "forced" actions in bankruptcy court, now.....

Might be wise to get your medical exams done now...your dental exams now...and prepare for what is about to unfold in the next few weeks...................

I will be suprised if the airline continues to operate past January 1st....

Morale is down...very, very, very low.........From the look at Thanksgiving & Christmas flight and seat availability..... Lots of open seats......so, I bet the sales figures are down drasticlly.....

Most calls I am getting now are frequent flyer calls.... with members burning their miles like they were throwing charcoal, on the 4th of July barbeque grill.....

When I read the latest proposal I felt like it was missing something. I kept expecting to see floggings, whippings or beatings but it was not in there anywhere. I mean the degredation and lack of respect was there, and I certainly got the impression that they really wish to destroy any feelings of self worth, it should have come with the EAS card....I guess those will be attached to my paycheck.