VIA FACSIMILE

Mr. Jim Weel
Managing Director EPR
American Airlines, Inc.
PO Box 619616 MD 5235
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616

RE: Information – Shared Sacrifice - Restructuring

Dear Jim:

As you know, we have had on-going discussions regarding the 2003 restructuring agreement and the issue of “Shared Sacrifice.â€￾ A few weeks ago, Jeff Brundage, Senior Vice President Human Resources assured us that finance was in the process of putting together an analysis of a cross section of Management concessions as compared to the labor concessions.

We again raised the issues at the May 19, 2004 Stockholders Meeting and also at the follow-up meeting with Mr. Arpey.

Jim, as you well know we all are aware of the shared sacrifice that Mr. Arpey and the Senior Management has taken. However, although we have been advised that Management’s share across the board is reflective of our members’ sacrifices, we have yet to be giving this breakdown.

Bottom line, our members, as equal partners in avoiding bankruptcy, deserves the information. What is absolutely unacceptable is that our members and all labor groups had to have the entire restructuring agreement completed in less time than it is taking American Airlines to provide us with the comparison, which is the benchmark of credibility.

We can no longer continue to accept more excuses. Therefore, if the information is not received in our office by Monday, June 28, 2004 we will take whatever action we deem appropriate considering that Shared Sacrifice did not occur.

Sincerely,

James C. Little
Director Air Transport Division
Intl. Administrative Vice President

You guys cry when we don't do anything then you cry again when we DO do something. It must be a compensating of your emotions from lack of any behavior on Delle's part. All he knows in BANKRUPTCY!!!!

You guys cry when we don't do anything then you cry again when we DO do something. It must be a compensating of your emotions from lack of any behavior on Delle's part. All he knows in BANKRUPTCY!!!!

The only thing the twu does is give concessions that is a fact :eek:

The only thing chicken little does is make empty threats :eek:

So what is he going to do ???????

I will tell you he will do nothing!!!!!

The twu will do nothing that is what they do best. A docile useless union who is the leader in concessionary contracts. Shared sacrafice what a joke.

twuer said:
Why would you attempt to deflect the actions of the TWU toward AMFA?

So what is it that the TWU has done?

twuer said:
Jim Little will shake his fist at the company. That's about the extent of it.
What a toy union!

TRANSCRIPT OF CONVERSATION BETWEEN JIM WHEEL AND JIM LITTLE.

JL (voice quivering) I thought you took care of that NMB thing, look what
happened...AMFA... they got a f%$# extension...

JW (sounding irate) Are you questioning me, Jimbo...Who the hell do you think
you are?... You jerk...

JL Sorry...Jim...

JW Oh, it's just Jim now,...huh??...

JL I mean Mr. WHeel...

JW Mr. Wheel is right, beeyach!...Do you know who I am?...punk...

JL Yes, sir...

JW Do you know who I am?... I'm Jim Wheel!.. I made my bones in HR
when you were still at Eagle...selling them out...

JL Sorry Mr. Wheel...

JW Yes you are sorry...pathetic also...you can't take care of your own affairs
....gotta come beggin' to me, like a beeyach...
(taunting voice)..help me Jim...help me Jim...I can't stop AMFA...I can't
stop AMFA...

JL Yeah but....

JW Yeah but my ass!...I told you what you need to do...act indignant...make a
threat...blame AMFA for something... snake t-shirts...dead line....
the ball's in your court now, you pathetic wretched little man...
make it work! If you screw up it i'll be bad for me but worse for you....

END OF TRANSCRIPT
. :D

AMFA Supporters were asking, "Where's the shared sacrifice?" in March 2003. Why does it take the TWU a year to figure out we got ran over?

twuer said:
twuer,

There's no crying here. What is seen by little's letter is as too little too late. jim is concerned just one year after he accepted concession to voice his concerns about the shared sacrifice? Why did he not get the shared sacrifice in writing?

There is no compensating either. Except of course for the compensating of lost wages & benefits that were swallowed whole by the international.

I'd like to ask you what it is that you think little will do with little's letter? I mean, what will the twu do if the shared sacrifice is not as shared as it should be?

twuer said:
What did you DO?

Everyone who has responded is a member of the TWU. It seems to me, you would be looking forward to help with suggestions and work to implement the changes.

CIO,

You are correct!

My solution to the problem is to get rid of the TWU and I promise to work towards that goal.