Just Curious.....

Apparently none that are interested in idle chit chat. This place needs some more mindless discussions to offset the serious stuff that's going on. I realize that there are alot of serious issues out there today, but there should also be some distractions.

I'll start. Anyone know of anything to do in Luxembourg? I'll be there for a few days and I've never been there.

If you are a history buff, go to the Military Cemetary. It's close to the airport in fact, and is home to several thousand US GIs who died during the Battle of the Bulge. General George Patton is buried there (he stated that he wanted to be close to his men).

Stone Steak House is in a city close to the Ger/Lux border (I'll try to look up the name; I think it is Echternacht)--it's a neat dining experience. You get a raw piece of meat and cook it on a blazing hot chunk of granite on your plate.

Maybe rent a car and visit Trier, Germany, just 30 miles to the East. Lots of great shopping along the "walkplatz", and the Trier arch dates from Roman conquest times.

If you like wine, just ask for directions to the local winery. You will return with astoundingly good white wine and a small headache.

Have fun!

Wholeheartedly agree in recommending making the short drive to Trier. It was one of the Roman capitals and still has an arena, two baths, the arch Porta Nigra and a museum.

Thanks Warren. That was like 4 months ago though. I've since forgotten what I did do whilst I was there. I do remember that I thought the people were even snottier than the French, if you can believe that. Oh well, I'm sure when they need it, we'll liberate there countries again.

I'm a major airline pilot, but am looking for more insights to the industry. our airline rumors range from [ cutting pay to below Jet Blue to be 'competitive, to selling all the int'l routes and large airlcraft]
Not much insight here, and that's what is worrying people, so they head for the sites that tell all the doom n gloom...

I just registered. I'm retired TWA Capt., now AA of course.

Former Navy Tailhooker and instructor. 20,000 hours ove 34 glorious years, no accidents, blown tires, scraped paint, flight violations, or regrets.

Flown everyting from a ParaPlane to B-747.
SNJ, T-28, TV-2, F9F-6-8, F2H-3, T-34, Martin 202 and 404, Constellation, CV 880,
ATP in B-707, 720, 727, 747, 757, 767, L-1011.

I retired when Uncle Carl Ichan destroyed TWA, 1987.

well i'm about 10 hours short of my private pilot license, but been flying on and off since 95 back when i was like 15 or something like that. trying to work my way up, just taking a long time

LOL thats true.

well most those hours were at one time pretty close. just over the last couple years been having money troubles.

i really would like to get back into it though. hopefully will do pretty soon.

faver said:
well most those hours were at one time pretty close. just over the last couple years been having money troubles.
Stick with it, buddy. I'm one of those almost a pilot guys as well and if it's not one thing, it's another.