Kit planes called popular, safe

Right, because no one respects Burt Rutan. Rutan isn't in the certified aircraft business.
And that would prove what? That it will carry one pound of passenger in place of one pound of ballast? :lol:

Are you even a pilot, or did you just pick up a copy of "Flying" magazine in the barber shop one day?

I see the Rutan "spaceship" engine blew up today in the Mojave desert,killing three people. They really want to put paying passengers on that thing?

Thanks for the link tech2101. As for the Princess she should know that Burt Rutan has a long way to go before he even thinks about catching up to AA. how many lives has NASA lost? How many rockets sat on the launch pad and exploded before they got it right? Burt Rutan is exploring a new frontier for commercial aviation, anytime a new frontier has ever been explored lives has been lost. Just try asking Wilbur Wright. Was he an idiot as well for flying his flimsy garage built experimental aircraft that eventually led to his death? Now that the sky has been commercialized it only makes common sense to commercialize space. Why do you have such issues with people exercising their freedoms and bringing their imagination and dreams to a reality?

I see the Rutan "spaceship" engine blew up today in the Mojave desert,killing three people. They really want to put paying passengers on that thing?
I’m curious as to what your issues with Burt Rutan are, and why you liken him to Jim Bede.

In the 1970s, Bede approached Aeronca about producing his BD-5 as a Standard Category aircraft. The principals at Aeronca built the kit that Bede sent and said “No thanksâ€￾.

Rutan’s company, Scaled Composites, is 40% owned by Northrop Grumman.

Latest posts