Kudos To All For Holiday Performance

MarkMyWords

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I got some early performance stats for Wednesdays performance. Hats off to everyone! What a great accomplishment by everyone. Keep up the excellent job!

Wednesday: Booked to over 210,000 system wide.
Zero Mainline Cancellations
Departure performance:
Sked:0 - 80% Sked:5 - 90% Sked:14 - 96%

The performance numbers are the preliminary numbers and are for mainline only (except for system bookings).

Let's keep the momentum going for the rest of the weekend...... :up: :up: :up:

Here are the preliminary numbers for Thursday:

Thursday: Booked to over 140,000 system wide.
Zero Mainline Cancellations
Departure performance:
Sked:0 - 88% Sked:5 - 95% Sked:14 - 98%

Weather may play a factor in todays operation, but these numbers are awesome. Everyone should be extremely proud of their performance this weekend.

AWESOME JOB EVERYONE!

This is great news! I had many customers express how calm things were (I guess nice weather helps too), at the counter and at the airport in general. No long lines, most flights on time or early (only know of a couple of delays in TPA that didnt affect connections) and everyone generally happy for a change. Also great on the oversales with just a couple here and there and otherwise most flights going out full or within 1 or 2 of being full. Lets hope the weather cooperates the rest of the weekend and everyone makes it back home as happy.

PITbull said:
Great! When can I get that raise?
Glad to see you are supportive of the employee efforts with that "what's in it for me" attitude. :(

Bookings are high for Sat with over 190K customers, Sunday over 225K and Monday over 210K. Hopefully Mother Nature will smile upon the east coast again. :D

MmyW:

I don't think PitBull was undermining employee efforts. The employees have always done what was needed performance-wise. I think the remark was addressed to a management that seems to follow "atta boys" with threats about reducing employee costs. It's the same old "You're doing a great job but you just cost too darn too much."

Sorry Boeing Boy but I am tired of every discussion on this board having to be riddled with negativity and management bashing. That really makes the doom and gloomers on here no better then Dave and his messages. It would be nice to see positive threads picked up with positive attitudes and lend support and reinforcement to the hard working people that did such a magnificent job. Is that to much to ask?

PITbull said:
Great! When can I get that raise?
Pit

Lighten up a little!

The employees of US have just pulled off a great weekend and given lots of folks a good taste of US. This is a very good for US.

Remember you catch more fly's with sugar than salt. B)

Longing,

?

I'm not trying to catch anything but respect for the front liners of this operation who are forever performing with unwaivering excellence, and still get the "atta boy" from management (MMW). In their next breath, they will be slamming us and asking us to be even more productive short of passing out. It doesn't matter what the performance looks like, management is busy in the back rooms looking for ways to screw the employees out of more as we speak....and I am sure the "plan's" unveiling will happen very soon.

This is exactly how this mangement operates. MMW is the first to cite management "short falls" and thats ok for him....but then when the front liners make statments that he percieves as "negativity", he cites it as being 'ALL ABOUT ME' type crap. When should it not be about employees whose performance hits the bottom line, and helps this company as a whole reach its goals and thus its solvency? I must be missing something here... Is this all about making senior management "famous"? Is my statements a bad thing? Or should I just be happy to keep my place and have A JOB??????? This is MMW imagination of anticipating "negativity" from the employees, me specifically, on the loose!

If you continue to listen to MMW forever jumping at the chance to go after me with his superficial nonsense then you will forever miss my main inner contention.

Boeing Boy,

You hit the nail on his head. You know me well. Thanks.

PitBull -

My intentions in starting this thread were to let the people that actually work in the operation know what a great job they did on Wednesday and Yesterday. Your endless rants about anyone with a different point of view being management is tiresome. If you are so sure I am management, come find me.

Perhaps a more appropriate response from you could have been, "I agree. What a great job by each and every employee that worked those days. Those numbers are sensational and show the real committment and dedication of the employees to the success of this airline."

My dear, what exactly did your post have to do with the excellent performance this weekend? Where was your pat on the back to the employees? If you can't say something nice in a thread intended to be positive, then by all means move to the next negative thread.

MMW.

I will be nice....

Where did you get negativity from my one line....or are you looking for an argument to make your holiday joyful?

Every single one of my threads elevates the employee as the most valued asset in this corporation.

If you want to talk about negativity, I'll talk about negativity...

What I percieve your post to mean is portraying the employee as less than average perfomance on any given day, and that you are quite amazed that they would "rise to the occasion" to perform on such a buzy, buzy holiday for U with all these bookings. You seem to be amazed that the employees performance is somehow uniquely unusual....

Step behind from your desk! The performance of U is not a result of the lack of performance from the rank and file.

Your management needs to develop a business plan that creates a "demand" to attract the customer to U on a daily basis, WE AS EMPLOYEES WILL PERFORM IN EXCELLENCE AS WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE.

Hope your Turkey was a good one.

Good grief......could you stretch things a little farther please.

My thoughts were that given the huge numbers of employees that we have lost in the last year, coupled with the large volume of customers we were carrying for the holiday, that our performance was spectacular. Believe it or not, our performance was BETTER then an average day. I thought that those of us that ACTUALLY WORKED the holiday woud like to know how our efforts paid off. It isn't often that employees get positive reinforcement from anyone in this company, and I thought it would be a nice change.

But by all means.....please feel free to keep posting your hate for management - it doesn't effect me in the least, since I am not management....but if you are going to do it......pick another thread.

I didn't know that aviation sold you this space, and that you have this new membership ability to pick and choose who posts on YOUR topic and who you can throw off because it doesn't quite line up to your level, taste or expectation.

Excuse me.