Labor Agency Is Failing Workers, Report Says

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
So as the Government is considering running the health care system, the existing govt run institutions are woefully inadequate. Video Link

Yesterday, Congress looked into reports that bureaucrats at the Department of Labor showed little enthusiasm for investigating complaints of “wage theftâ€￾ and unfair labor practices. Independent investigators found that calling the complaint line usually resulted in no action at all, as workers at the agency openly complained about a lack of resources and advised callers to just find another job. The GAO issued a stern report about the failure of the DoL to act on behalf of workers, and Gregory Kutz, Managing Director of GAO’s special investigations unit, testified before Congress to the issue.

This gave Rep. Tom Price, the chair of the Republican Study Committee, an opportunity to point out the basic problems in expanding government power. Watch this colloquy and enjoy Kutz’ obvious discomfort: Video Link

Article Link The federal agency charged with enforcing minimum wage, overtime and many other labor laws is failing in that role, leaving millions of workers vulnerable, Congressional auditors have found.

In a report scheduled to be released Wednesday, the Government Accountability Office found that the agency, the Labor Department’s Wage and Hour Division, had mishandled 9 of the 10 cases brought by a team of undercover agents posing as aggrieved workers.

Try to imagine, in a government-run health care system, calling to complain about a lack of treatment. What would be the answer — “find another countryâ€￾? “You’ve lived long enoughâ€￾? “I’ll bet you’re a hypochondriacâ€￾? “Can’t I just eat my waffle?â€￾

GEEZ,..dapoes,

"REPUBLICAN" Rep. Tom Price.........................

What in HEL* did You THINK he was gonna' say ????????????????

I could understand a post like that coming from southwind,................But YOU ????????

I'm shocked !!!!!!

Let's try to remember who was running the DOL for the past 8 years up until a couple of months ago. It was the official policy of the government to assume that the company was always right and the worker was always wrong.

Let's try to remember who was running the DOL for the past 8 years up until a couple of months ago. It was the official policy of the government to assume that the company was always right and the worker was always wrong.
Why is it the Obama apologists always revert to the past when confronted with what they are doing to our future???

If big government was the problem (and it was) in the past, your best rebuttle is to agree with an adminstration to make it 10X bigger? Is that your justification???

Am I reading that correctly?

Hey, it's only been within the last year that some of you Shrub-apologists quit using Clinton's BJ as an excuse to bash him, and that was 10-11 years ago. You had to use his personal failings because his accomplishments as President make Shrub look like the blackboard eraser monitor. (I know. I date myself.)

Shrub had 8 years to get it right and failed. I'm sure if there had been a way to do it and we could have given him another 8 years, he might have accomplished something, but there it is.

Before he can rise to the heights, Obama is going to have to pull us out of the hole that Shrub and Darth Cheney dug for us. It may take him awhile just to get us back to ground level.

Hey, it's only been within the last year that some of you Shrub-apologists quit using Clinton's BJ as an excuse to bash him, and that was 8 years ago. You had to use his personal failings because his accomplishments as President make Shrub look like the blackboard eraser monitor. (I know. I date myself.)

Shrub had 8 years to get it right and failed. I'm sure if there had been a way to do it and we could have given him another 8 years, he might have accomplished something, but there it is.

Before he can rise to the heights, Obama is going to have to pull us out of the hole that Shrub and Darth Cheney dug for us. It may take him awhile just to get us back to ground level.
And you believe that the solution to big government, is to make the government 10X bigger? Is that what you truly believe? The government has always had a poor track record yet you are comfortable with them grabbing more?

Delusion at it finest :blink: