Labor Relations @ U S Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Excerpted from the ALPA Grievance Committee update - the rest talks about specific grievances:

US Airways Labor Relations

It is my opinion and that of the others involved on behalf of the Association that with the recent changes in Labor Relations and the inexperience of some company personnel regarding the pilot group and issues related to us, that we will see very limited progress toward resolving any issue prior to arbitration. This is evident by the Company’s lack of willingness to resolve the relatively simple PNS hotel issue and the lack of progress in receiving final language concerning the grievances that were settled in July. After weekly requests from the Grievance Committee for language concerning the resolution of the 18 grievance items, to date, the Company has not responded with any resolution, and in fact they have changed their “offerâ€￾ on 2 of the grievances we presented. We are very concerned because the actions of Labor Relations do not bode well for the future.

Good managers strive to resolve issues prior to reaching the end stage. As issues move through the grievance process, the majority should be resolved at the Chief Pilot’s level, and then more at the Senior Director and then only a very small percentage should go past the Vice President of Flying and onto the System Board. A properly functioning labor relations process should resolve issues as they go up the ladder. However, with this management, only a very small percentage of the issues are resolved prior to the System Board level. The procedure is broken, and with the current management in place, we see no fix in sight.

Beth Holder is now managing-director for labor relations for pilots.

Good Luck dealing with her, she use to handle the ramp and never gave them a favorable decision.

She does not even have a college degree and that was part of the criteria for the job.

Funny how the world turns at CCY.

*all happy now?

It is the truth, go do some digging.

The job was posted and numerous qualified people with much more experience applied for the job with a college education, which was a requirement of the job.

Funny no one was hired. Then the next thing you know AH's little protege got the job.

Go do some digging if you don't believe me.

700UW said:
It is the truth, go do some digging.

The job was posted and numerous qualified people with much more experience applied for the job with a college education, which was a requirement of the job.

Funny no one was hired. Then the next thing you know AH's little protege got the job.

Go do some digging if you don't believe me.
[post="230532"][/post]​

Wether I believe you or not is irrelevent, it was a low blow and tasteless. It has no place on this board.

Why are you always making comments about someone in a sexual overtone i.e bending over and the last comment above? You complain about being called names and such but you post on here messages that border on sexual harrassment.

Gimme a break.

Just shows you the dealings that take place with this company, they protect their own.

How does someone who does not fit the criteria for the job get it over people who could dance circles around her with their experience and college degree?

Don't like it don't read it.

You know there are a million words that can go at the end of the sentence, you are all assuming it is a specific word, maybe your minds are in the gutter.

There is nothing to defend, you are all assuming.

Don't like it don't read it.

It does not matter what you say. He will pick your words apart to either make you lose track or change the subject. Trust me he has been wrong MANY times, but has admitted it ONCE.

PITMTC,

Go check into, you are in management. What I posted is fact, she does not meet the criteria for the job, but yet she gets it.

Why do you think Dave C left?

I guess i'll have to believe you on that one. I am not one to go looking into other peoples qualifications. Plus it would not be the first time someone unqualified or less qualified gets a job in this place.
The point of Oliver's comment was the way you constantly complain when people bad-mouth you, yet you go off on anyone you feel like.

700UW said:
You know there are a million words that can go at the end of the sentence, you are all assuming it is a specific word, maybe your minds are in the gutter.

[post="230540"][/post]​

And what word did you use to fill in the blank? Then you had the nerve to post someones name and make these statements. I wonder how she feels about it and maybe she should seek legal recourse. They may be thought of as defamatory

And what should we think you mean when you use your infamous bend over comment? Talk about gutter minded.

She did not meet the job qualifacations and she got the job while people who did meet them did not get it.

Maybe it will expose the violating of company policy of how people get passed over when qualified and someone's pal gets the job instead.

Maybe it will be good to get the Sarbanes-Oxley person involved too.

Well, I see you edited your post and now are changing focus. Nobody argued your justification for you opinion of her. It was your bad taste in comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.