Lakefield Throws Down Gauntlet

linemech

Advanced
Nov 5, 2003
PIT
Visit site
SEE THREATS HERE

Although Lakefield may be true to his word, and file for CH. 11 if he does not get what he wants, he may also do what the last clown did and file after he is given everything he wants from labor.

After reading on this board the unrealistic give back demands given to the employee groups willing to talk, it seems management has no intention of working with those groups to avoid CH. 11. :down:

LET THE GAUNTLET FALL

I believe I have said this before but.. this is a great quote from that article:

""When you begin making threats," he said, "it means you're not making great progress" in negotiations. "

no sheeeeeeet sherlock!!

negotiations does not mean coming into a room and laying out your terms and expect everyone to say ummm kay...

He may get what he wants, but he better get rid of everyone that's here now or the ship will sink from lack of employee effort...... we are the oars that row this boat daily. Maybe thats the plan ..... get rid of everyone .... hang-on folks! The weather forcast calls for rough sea!

Why wait till September 30 to file bk. Why wait at all. We've been hammered to a pulp already. No one in their right mind will vote for this slander that we receive daily from our own company. Isn't it wonderful to know how your own company feels about you after giving them half your life or more? Let it die! This management team will not get one more cent from me without a fight. Dave and Bruce will have to find another way to fund their golden parchutes. Since Dave S 4.5million was just a drop in the bucket, the rest shouldn't miss their little drop.
Vote No and bring on the judge. :angry:

Well... my prediction of something happening by October is becoming more true every day... It looks like things just went from Bad to Worse.

I doubt that any of the threats have been empty; it's just that the unions have given in each time.

Having said that, I doubt IAM will cave, which will most likely lead to another filing. Geez, I'm starting to sound like an Airbus pilot...but this part is likely to come true, regardless of who says it. ;)

It will be interesting to see if IAM comes out on top or on the bottom when the dust clears. Regardless of which way it goes, it will be a lesson to unions in the future. The only question is whether the lesson is to cave or stand.

Crystal Palace if full of tap dancers....notice how they danced around the pay rates of Southwest when they realized those guys make more than us? They got a great team of spin experts there....one thing for sure....they got no respect from the front line groups..only disguest. No wonder they never come out of the palace anymore.

nycbusdriver said:
I want to see the company tap dance in front of the BK judge when he asks about the $700 million in non-labor productivity improvements they've been touting for months and just WHY they haven't done anything with that to stave off BK.
Not hard to do. Just point at WN's entry to PHL and say that things have gotten worse for US since 2002 as a result.

mweiss said:
Not hard to do. Just point at WN's entry to PHL and say that things have gotten worse for US since 2002 as a result.
Yea, when they try to explain that the ONLY markets they know how to be successful in are the ones they MONOPOLIZE, he'll be real understanding!