Larry Pike of 567 FIRED ?

odie01

Veteran
May 11, 2010
Evidently Larry Pike of local 567 was supposed to be fired today for comments made several weeks ago to a local news agency about the Timco seat fiasco. At 9 am this morning the entire day shift at AFW gathered outside the TAESL building near the main entrance. Approximately 3 to 4 hundred mechanics and related were awaiting the arrival Larry and his legal representation to show support, and to walk with him the quarter mile to the HR department on the third floor of the hanger. I have to admit, I have never seen unity like this from all the M@E work groups at AFW since I came the the base in 97. I don’t know the outcome of the meeting or who was the attorney, but from what I was told the company withdrew their termination. If anyone else has more info on this please post.

Reactions: 3 people
His legal rep was Lee Seham from the law firm that represents the AMFA. Normally when a company has a problem with a local president they contact the international and the international contacts the president. In this case the twu international said that they didn't know anything about it. Believe that or not. The majority of the people that I spoke with believe that the twu was behind this all along since they are trying to take the charter away from local 567. I personally believe the international and the company are working together on this. Bobby Gless can make a call to Jim Weel to save his old drinking buddy that was busted for being outside the gate for hundreds of hours,but he will not lift a finger to protect a local president that looks out for his membership. Oh thats right I forgot the twu has said that a local presidents loyalty is suppose to be to the international first and the members second. Lets not forget phat Don. He is just as responsible.

Reactions: 6 people
Evidently Larry Pike of local 567 was supposed to be fired today for comments made several weeks ago to a local news agency about the Timco seat fiasco. At 9 am this morning the entire day shift at AFW gathered outside the TAESL building near the main entrance. Approximately 3 to 4 hundred mechanics and related were awaiting the arrival Larry and his legal representation to show support, and to walk with him the quarter mile to the HR department on the third floor of the hanger. I have to admit, I have never seen unity like this from all the M@E work groups at AFW since I came the the base in 97. I don’t know the outcome of the meeting or who was the attorney, but from what I was told the company withdrew their termination. If anyone else has more info on this please post.
You were told wrong. Larry Pike was never disciplined or threatened with discipline. He was asked to meet with Al Madar, who is a corporate safety officer about statements he made claiming that American’s planes were unsafe. The specific purpose of the meeting was to find out the information supporting the allegation. He was told in advance the subject of the meeting and that it could not lead to discipline. Madar doesn’t even have the authority to issue discipline. What ensued was one of the most ridiculous charades I have ever observed, in which Pike misrepresented to his members that he was being investigated by corporate security and threatened with discipline, brought a lawyer with him who also misrepresented the same facts to the members, and then claimed that the demonstration, called under false pretenses, intimidated the Company from issuing discipline that it had never threatened. Several of Pike’s Board members told me the true facts after the demonstration broke up. I have been around for a long time and have never seen a more ridiculous political show intended to misinform and manipulate members.

Reactions: 1 person
You were told wrong. Larry Pike was never disciplined or threatened with discipline. He was asked to meet with Al Madar, who is a corporate safety officer about statements he made claiming that American’s planes were unsafe. The specific purpose of the meeting was to find out the information supporting the allegation. He was told in advance the subject of the meeting and that it could not lead to discipline. Madar doesn’t even have the authority to issue discipline. What ensued was one of the most ridiculous charades I have ever observed, in which Pike misrepresented to his members that he was being investigated by corporate security and threatened with discipline, brought a lawyer with him who also misrepresented the same facts to the members, and then claimed that the demonstration, called under false pretenses, intimidated the Company from issuing discipline that it had never threatened. Several of Pike’s Board members told me the true facts after the demonstration broke up. I have been around for a long time and have never seen a more ridiculous political show intended to misinform and manipulate members.
Easy Don,
I'm sure we will get more of the facts from first hand witnesses, and why would Larry want to munipulate his membership, last time I checked AFW is closing? Most of his board members, except Matt Lorenzi, organized the demonstration. At break of course

Reactions: 4 people

Did I Remember you saying you were a 40 year mechanic that worked D terminal in DFW.
Any guess why the majority of those working under this spoon feed agreement thinks the
TWU is about worthless when an AMFA lawyer represents a TWU local president?

Reactions: 2 people
Probably related to these comments:

[background=#ffffff]Indeed, American’s 757 maintenance is being outsourced. And the work is, by all accounts, pretty shoddy. According to one AA insider, the same shoddy workmanship that caused a row of seats to “slid[e] around like a carnival ride” is also going into the most critical parts of the aircraft.

“The company is called TIMCO,” Larry Pike, a veteran American Airlines mechanic and president of the Transport Workers Union Local 567 in Fort Worth, Texas, tells me. “And the same people who forgot to bolt down the seats are also working on the engines.”

Pike says he “won’t fly on an American Airlines 757 and will not allow my family to, either.”

“The pilots who went to pick up some of the first ones TIMCO did said they weren’t even airworthy,” Pike tells me. “I read the reports, just unbelievable -- the cockpits were a shambles, there was leaking oil, brake lines leaking fluid, lines left loose; our pilots refused to take them -- and these planes were coming out of an overhaul. It’s like shade tree mechanics working on a car, only they’re working on aircraft.”​

Did I Remember you saying you were a 40 year mechanic that worked D terminal in DFW.
Any guess why the majority of those working under this spoon feed agreement thinks the
TWU is about worthless when an AMFA lawyer represents a TWU local president?
I never said that I was 40 year mechanic at D. I said I worked at D terminal when I started posting but not any longer. Keep guessing though. Seriously, if questioning one's identity is all you have to dispute facts, then fire away.

Now back to the real story. After making some calls to the 567 E Brd the it is true that the demonstration was organized by several good 567 Board members. They told me later that after they looked into the matter they found that this was not a 29f. They also found out that Pike had been told several times in advance that this was not a meeting that could lead to discipline and this was repeated again at the beginning of the meeting. One Board member told me that Pike told them that the Company advised him to bring counsel. I have been here for many years and have never seen the Company even permit, much less suggest, someone bring an outside attorney to a 29f meeting.

Knowing this, and after listening to Seham claim that the demonstration and his presence saved Pike’s job, I now understand why the APA, and now USAPA, want nothing to do with him. The guy is nothing more than a lawyer looking for another cash cow. Our dues for a few years will line his pockets for a while longer. No wonder why he sounded like a used car salesman in the video, he is one. I'm not buying the AMFA Gremlin X with no money down. He's just like his father that bragged about bringing the B scale to the AA pilots while being the APA lawyer. Loser law firm for sure.

And a CC on the floor at DFW would have this information how? Reportedly the International said they knew nothing about it but you seem to have all the details, we know you didnt get it from Larry, must have gotten it from management.

I have been around for a long time and have never seen a more ridiculous political show intended to misinform and manipulate members.

You were there? Why would a CC from DFW have been there?

Larry Pike earned the support of his members, I'm glad they stood behind him.

I never said that I was 40 year mechanic at D. I said I worked at D terminal when I started posting but not any longer. Keep guessing though. Seriously, if questioning one's identity is all you have to dispute facts, then fire away.

Well if the "facts" come from a proven liar then they too are suspect. Most of what you have claimed to be facts have been proven to be anything but. Components of your statement may have some facts but when taken as a whole they are usually misleading.

Ok, so you say that you said you worked at D-terminal when you started posting, now what do you mean by that? When you started posting as overspeed in 2011? Or when you started posting perhaps back in 2001 under another alias?

Now back to the real story. After making some calls to the 567 E Brd the it is true that the demonstration was organized by several good 567 Board members. They told me later that after they looked into the matter they found that this was not a 29f. They also found out that Pike had been told several times in advance that this was not a meeting that could lead to discipline and this was repeated again at the beginning of the meeting.

Back to the real story? In other words "Dont pay any attention to that man behind the curtain, the mighty OS has spoken". Whenever you get caught to try and spin your way out, what next another rant about how "Owens and the vote NO coalition" are responsible or the terms you voted in place?

Any meeting with management can result in discipline. You are just so eager to support anything management says, yet you claim you are pro-union (business unionism that is), What in your opinion makes someone a "good Board member? Alligience to appointed officials who while they earn six figure salaries promote concessions?

One Board member told me that Pike told them that the Company advised him to bring counsel. I have been here for many years and have never seen the Company even permit, much less suggest, someone bring an outside attorney to a 29f meeting.

Why would a board member from 567 share such details, if it actually happened, with some CC from DFW?

Knowing this, and after listening to Seham claim that the demonstration and his presence saved Pike’s job, I now understand why the APA, and now USAPA, want nothing to do with him.

So you were there?

The guy is nothing more than a lawyer looking for another cash cow. Our dues for a few years will line his pockets for a while longer. No wonder why he sounded like a used car salesman in the video, he is one. I'm not buying the AMFA Gremlin X with no money down. He's just like his father that bragged about bringing the B scale to the AA pilots while being the APA lawyer. Loser law firm for sure.

Hmm, didnt we give B-scale to AA and at the time claim that concession saved jobs while not cutting anyones pay? In fact wasnt the B-scale concession coupled with Station protection and the biggest wage increases they had ever seen up till that time? What makes B-scale worse than what we have now? I agree that Bscale was a bad idea but you seem to feel that it was only a bad idea for the pilots. I heard Koziatek bragg about B-scale as well, how it created jobs at AA and he said to me that if not for B-scale I probably would not have a job at AA. My response was perhaps he is right, I would have had a job at another carrier and we all would probably be making more if not for B-scale.

Reactions: 7 people
Why would anyone, especially a local President that appears to be out of union favor, go into a meeting with corporate without the attorney of one's choice? From the outside it sounds like a good move to me.

This was a show of solidarity for our President. Everyone knows when you are called into a hearing that hearing could lead to disciplinary action. I do not believe our elected board members were at that hearing so how could they know what was said. If as you said you got the true facts from several of Pikes Board members, facts from Board members that were not at the hearing no wonder Brother Larry deemed it necessary to hire outside counsel. Not very loyal to their president to give you the true facts and say Larry Pike misrepresented the membership is it. Larry, like everyone else does not want to be disciplined or terminated. I guess he thinks his chances of staying employed are better with Lee Seham than Matt Lorenzi or the International.

Reactions: 3 people