Latest Numbers on the VBR & OVL's

B

BigBangTheory

Here are the latest numbers for VBR's and OVL's as of July 16, 2008.

Overage Leave Requests DOM INTL:

BOS D-10 I-3
DCA D-6 I-2
DFW D-46 I-3
LAX D-27 I-4
MIA D-33 I-15
NYC D-53 I-37
ORD D-28 I-9
RDU 0
SFO D-23 I-0
SLT 14

TOTAL D-240 I-73

As far as the VBR, the numbers are as follows:

· 135 total F/As
· By base & division:

BOS-4
D-3
I-1

DCA-6
D-6

DFW-23

IDF-25

IMA-11

IOR-15

JFK-9

LAX-15
D-3
I-12

LGA-15

ORD-5

SFO-7
D-5
I-2

I don't see SLT or RDU in here - I don't know if that is an error, or if they have not received any VBR requests.

Anyone who wants the VBR will be granted one. As long as you qualify with the following: 50 years of age with 15 years of seniority

Remember that all requests are due by 1030 on Monday, July 21st. Please do not wait until the last minute, as I am sure the system will be extrememly busy Sunday night/Monday morning. There are no ifs, ands or buts about this deadline - If you do not have it in by Monday morning, there is no way to try and request a waiver.

BBT, you beat me to it. I just got the same numbers from my source. However, I had only gotten totals which agree with yours--313 for overage leaves, 135 for VBRs. I did not get a base breakdown. Good going.

As far as SLT, I know of no one who applied for VBRs. I do know several that are in your boat--have the years, but not the age--who said if eligible they woud have taken it. I know that if I were eligible to retire I would jump at the chance to add an extra $11000 (approx. after taxes on the $15,000) to my nest egg.

I'm coming around to the thinking of others that AMR will go the bankruptcy route within the next year and will dump the pensions and the contracts like the other airlines have done. If I had the option, I would not wait around to see.

Looks like about half the number needed to avoid furloughs, and presumably doesn't take into account partnership flying requests.

Jim, I'd assume less than $11000. IIRC, my wife's severence from AMR was taxed at a higher than usual rate. I think it came out closer to 33% than 27%, and we weren't exactly rolling in the money at the time...

Like I have said earlier this did nothing but give extra cash in the pocket to those that were going to leave in the next 6 months or so anyway.

Another Great Management move! Give 'em a bigger bonus.

thanks for the numbers on the leaves and retirement.. but i am surprised at the numbers , i just thought more people would have put in for the packages. have friends at nwa they just put out leaves again 4 the second time as well as the retirement package they did last year they only needed 700 for leaves and they have over a 1000.. Delta needed 2000 and they received 4000 . hummm guess that is just the difference in airlines. wish we knew the numbers on how many each base is over in fa's ...
fly safe
j

Like I have said earlier this did nothing but give extra cash in the pocket to those that were going to leave in the next 6 months or so anyway.

Uh, the majority are taking overage leaves. That's not extra cash for anyone.

Paying severence probably works out to be cost neutral in a year or maybe less when you start to compare the pay rate and benefits load for those leaving vs. those who now remain on payroll.

Another Great Management move! Give 'em a bigger bonus.

Am I reading this right? You're complaining that AMR is giving the line employees money?

I want to take overage leave, but we use my insurance for my family. I would take the VBR but I am too young...
Partnership, I would love to do, but I don't have a partner! I can't get on the APFA site as I think may owe them $48 (down from 900 something which I have been paying monthly in the past 7 months!)
Anyone know of any f/a at JFK looking for a partner?

AAStew,

SLT has a sign-up sheet at the MOD desk for F/As looking for partnership flying. Could you contact the MOD at JFK to do the same?

Surely, you can't be the only JFK F/A who wants to partnership fly.

Best of luck and thank-you from the junior end of the spectrum :)

Take care,

Coop

SLT

AAStew,

SLT has a sign-up sheet at the MOD desk for F/As looking for partnership flying. Could you contact the MOD at JFK to do the same?

Surely, you can't be the only JFK F/A who wants to partnership fly.

Best of luck and thank-you from the junior end of the spectrum :)

Take care,

Coop

SLT

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

HEY Coop,

With "these" numbers(and assuming that no more than the 900 F/A furloughs), does that put you butt, on the "safe" side of the guillotine ??

I want to take overage leave, but we use my insurance for my family. I would take the VBR but I am too young...
Partnership, I would love to do, but I don't have a partner! I can't get on the APFA site as I think may owe them $48 (down from 900 something which I have been paying monthly in the past 7 months!)
Anyone know of any f/a at JFK looking for a partner?

Pay your $48 and you will be able to get onto the APFA site. On the site you will find a partner finder section under the reduction in force.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

HEY Coop,

With "these" numbers(and assuming that no more than the 900 F/A furloughs), does that put you butt, on the "safe" side of the guillotine ??

Bears,

I am 1480 from the bottom of the active F/A seniority list. I don't want to see a single furlough, especially for the people who just came back.

I don't like that we gave up furlough pay at all.

For myself, my number would definitely come up in a 2nd furlough and you know what? I gave myself an ulcer and literally made myself sick obsessing and worrying about this same thing in 2003. It ain't worth it and it doesn't change the outcome. I am definitely not the same person I was 5 years ago. That's a good thing...lol!

The possible loss of insurance concerns me but it will work out somehow. I can't control it so I have to "turn it over" ;)

Love ya Bears!

Coop
SLT

LOVE you too Coop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

If my ol' head is doin' the math correctly,..............with these "leaves/early outs", putting a sizable DENT in the .."900", that should? give you a 1000 cushion.

Now if they come along with another "900"(again, if my numbers are correct) you'd skate by, on that one to.

Should a third..."900" come along(AGAIN, If I'm figuring it right), figuring a same number of leaves/early outs, you'd be "close".

It's my wish for you, in Life, and your career, that you will be an Individual who WILL ..STARE..HUGE potential.."DEFEATS"..Squarely in the KISSER,..........be VICTORIOUS, and be a better person(THAN YOU ALREADY ARE)..........because of your STRONG will to ..FIGHT !!!!!

Hey,

Remember when I thought YOU'D be a NATURAL for a Top UNION job, in the JFK/LGA/EWR base ???

Coop, if that ever happened, I'd send ya a "hundred a month"..to help you with you teeny weeny studio Rent !

Hey ,............you NEVER know,...right ?