Lauda Air

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
Interesting article with the movie Rush coming out.

Lauda started Lauda Air in 1979. Seeking to offer better service than traditional European airlines did, he required that flight attendants check the bathrooms every 20 minutes to make sure they were clean, He hired Vienna's best restaurants as caterers and he sought to assure that flight attendants were "young and friendly" by setting an age limit of 36. When they passed 36, flight attendants were offered other jobs at the airline. "After 10 years in that job, you are burned out," he said in the interview. "If you stay longer, you don't get more friendly or more motivated

http://www.thestreet...an-airline.html

IIRC, Up (may I call you Up? :lol:), you are a pilot. I have had numerous AA pilots tell me that they do not know how we do the job of flight attendant. I sometimes wonder myself. Burn out can occur a lot faster than 10 years--particularly if one flies a lot of California and/or Florida routes. Customers redefine "entitled" for our generation.

He is not a pilot, he is in mtc planning or records in PHX and it a US/HP/Doug Koolaide drinker.

I don't know how FA's do it long term either. I worked as a CSR for the my first 3 years working gates and the PAX counters and eventual grew very tired of the way a small but consistent percentage of people treated employees. Having things thrown at you, spit on etc does take its toll and that is all amplified at 30K feet!