Launch: Unveiled first US Airways new Embraer 190

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
US Flight 1518 launched first flight new Embraer 190 from Philadelphia to Providence today. I don't know which one reg N944UW or N945UW for the first flight.

Depart Philadelphia, PA
Date 2/11/2007
Gate C20
Scheduled 7:30 AM
Actual 7:33 AM
Status Departed

Arrive Providence, RI
Date 2/11/2007
Gate 3
Scheduled 8:42 AM
Actual 8:38 AM
Status Arrived "EARLY ON-TIME" :D

US Flight 1518 launched first flight new Embraer 190 from Philadelphia to Providence today. I don't know which one reg N944UW or N945UW for the first flight.

Depart Philadelphia, PA
Date 2/11/2007
Gate C20
Scheduled 7:30 AM
Actual 7:33 AM
Status Departed

Arrive Providence, RI
Date 2/11/2007
Gate 3
Scheduled 8:42 AM
Actual 8:38 AM
Status Arrived "EARLY ON-TIME" :D

Nice...what are the other routes loaded? I doubt this plane goes PHL-PVD and back all day long?

It seems that the majority of the flights on the 190 will be PHL and MHT, BOS and PVD turns. DFW will be the only longer run for now. The pairings are filled with those turns one after another.

It looks like it also had to return to the gate on its second departure from PHL.

So far the aircraft is living up to its reputation as the "180".

Just wished the company would have held off deploying the 190's any long distance. Would be nice just to keep them in a nice "triangle" from a maintenance point of view until the bugs can be worked out. On a positive note I see some overtime being generated when these planes break at a non maintenance station.

Have heard through the grapevines that the 3rd 190 is a little behind schedule, due to a supplier issue. I believe toward the end of March.

The E-190's only had a two aircraft rotation on the Feb, Mar, and April schedules.

I also understand the Republic E-175's deliverys are also delayed from Brazil. To the best of my knowledge service starts Mar 4th from PHL to DFW, IAH, and IND.

Regards

LGA777

The E-190's only had a two aircraft rotation on the Feb, Mar, and April schedules.

I also understand the Republic E-175's deliverys are also delayed from Brazil. To the best of my knowledge service starts Mar 4th from PHL to DFW, IAH, and IND.

Regards

LGA777

OK so they talk about "no domestic growth" are there 50-seaters being pulled from the network from contractors or PSA?

OK so they talk about "no domestic growth" are there 50-seaters being pulled from the network from contractors or PSA?

Yes, the first 20 E175s will replace the ERJs operated by Chautauqua on a 1 for 1 basis, but technically that will amount to growth since a 50 seat plane is going out and an 86 seat plane is coming in. Additionally, Mesa will remove five CRJ-200s from their fleet this year.

Also, although the E190s were considered growth planes, some planes are infact leaving: 3 757s (N610AU is already gone) and I believe 3 more 733s (N335AW left this month)