lawsuit against the TWU/ IAM Association

chellow

Advanced
Sep 26, 2010
Does anyone know if their was ever a lawsuit filed against the Association in regards to it's legitimacy? I was informed their was one but can't find any info.

I have heard some talk as well. Along the lines that the TWU is not representing it's members fairly. The TWU brain trust agreed to the Association, and deceived it's membership. The Association was not created for the benefit of the membership, and is costing the TWU members a disproportionate (unfair) loss of restored holidays, sick time accrual, and sick pay. This is a perfect example of how the TWU leadership failed it's members.

Now, had this merge gone the way it should have, there would have been a vote for representation. The AFL-CIO leadership were scared that the AMFA voters would actually defeat the "one size fits all" unions as a write in. It sure wouldn't have taken too much to beat the TWU or IAM under those circumstances.

Now the TWU membership is essentially being unfairly held hostage by the minority. The TWU has, and is - failing to do their job to represent the "current dues payers" while bilking them out of $millions - with each passing year!

I would sign on to that class action lawsuit.

that would be a fair representation of events.
yes local 591 under gary peterson and gary schiable sued the international over the association and lost. i dont think it would be unfair to say the consolation prize was the position in the international. so you could say they sued them to become them.
from a legal stand point the twu used the "dues checkoff" cards that you signed when you hired on as interest in the association. so technically there was an opportunity for a vote when the association was formed there was a 30 day window for cards from an intervener. the twu and the iam were confident that would be impossible to accomplish. if there were a legitimate vote jim little was sure the twu would lose so locked us in to the association. since the twu and the iam currently represent us they can not start a card drive. and the twu is getting very comfortable with their position n the association so dont look for change from there. and since we as a majority cant get our **** together we are stuck with the minority running the show i.e. the tail is wagging the dog.
dont be deluded the company is standing fast on medical and the iam pension, the iam is backed into a corner with no way out to save face. i look for this **** show to continue until we are released (not anytime soon) and the company imposes basically whats being offered to day but a year or two down the road. because our association partners decided to late in the game to get involved, that seat on the sideline for the first two years will come back to haunt them.

Reactions: Kev3188
Leaving this here:

According to the AA 10-K filed this past week, 75% of the maintenance personnel at the combined new AA work for pre-merger AA and 25% of them are employed by the pre-merger US.

If the TWU had any balls, they would have laughed off the ridiculous attempt by the IAM to remain on the property. As worthless as the TWU has been for the AA mechanics, the IAM-TWU "Association" is even more worthless.

Josh

I wasn’t able to find any information on a lawsuit only an appeal to the NMB. See attached files.

Attachments

• appeal 1 - Aug 21 2014 NMB Final.pdf
    100.1 KB · Views: 446
  • appeal 1a - IAMTWU-Response-to-Peterson-Letter.pdf
    428.9 KB · Views: 461
  • appeal 1b - Exhibits A-F.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 447
  • appeal 1c - Peterson Follow-up_Response_to_NMB.pdf
    50.7 KB · Views: 445

Latest posts