Layoffs

v8killab

Aug 10, 2006
New to the board, and I apologize for throwing the word layoff out there in the title. I have a friend that's an employee and Was wondering if there are any layoffs coming up at logan. I had heard that they plan on laying off 20 members of fleet services. Anyone know how I could find such info to valadate it. I'm not sure if my friend is being entirely honest with me.

Thanks in advance and I do apologize again for the Layoff title. I currently work for the UAW and I know that word is like nails against a chalk board.

-V8killa

New to the board, and I apologize for throwing the word layoff out there in the title. I have a friend that's an employee and Was wondering if there are any layoffs coming up at logan. I had heard that they plan on laying off 20 members of fleet services. Anyone know how I could find such info to valadate it. I'm not sure if my friend is being entirely honest with me.

Thanks in advance and I do apologize again for the Layoff title. I currently work for the UAW and I know that word is like nails against a chalk board.
-V8killa

Very disengenuous of you to put that title on the board, hoping to entice people into the thread.

And, in light of what went on today, with everybody on edge due to the natural concerns that always occur when it appears that we may be entering another travel downturn, you really have some nerve.

Very disengenuous of you to put that title on the board, hoping to entice people into the thread.

And, in light of what went on today, with everybody on edge due to the natural concerns that always occur when it appears that we may be entering another travel downturn, you really have some nerve.

Wow, as I said "I do apologize again for the Layoff title. I currently work for the UAW and I know that word is like nails against a chalk board." Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are far below your ability to use words that are rarely used in conversation. My post Title accurately depicts the subject matter, and in some forums that is a requirement. This prevents people from acting "Dee dee Dee" and naming topics after their pets or something which is completely irrelevant to the subject contained within the post. My nerve is just fine thank you, but people like you really get on my last one. If that was the extent of your contribution, do me a favor, stay out. I Asked a question, if you don't have the answer or a way for me to find the answer, than why did you bother posting? 86 people before you viewed this thread and said nothing, nor did they express their distaste at my choice of topic title.

Thanks for all your help!

New to the board, and I apologize for throwing the word layoff out there in the title. I have a friend that's an employee and Was wondering if there are any layoffs coming up at logan. I had heard that they plan on laying off 20 members of fleet services.
There was a thread on here recently about flight reductions at Logan, so it would make sense of a potential layoff.

Wow, as I said "I do apologize again for the Layoff title. I currently work for the UAW and I know that word is like nails against a chalk board." Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are far below your ability to use words that are rarely used in conversation. My post Title accurately depicts the subject matter, and in some forums that is a requirement. This prevents people from acting "Dee dee Dee" and naming topics after their pets or something which is completely irrelevant to the subject contained within the post. My nerve is just fine thank you, but people like you really get on my last one. If that was the extent of your contribution, do me a favor, stay out. I Asked a question, if you don't have the answer or a way for me to find the answer, than why did you bother posting? 86 people before you viewed this thread and said nothing, nor did they express their distaste at my choice of topic title.

Thanks for all your help!

What a friggin' pathetic loser you are. Instead of making your thread title specific and descriptive, you left it open, with a title that was sure to attract immediate attention, and, perhaps, given yesterday's events, raise people's blood pressure.

You're a typical attention-seeking, wind-up artist. Go stir up your nonsense elsewhere.

If you weren't so pathetic, you'd be entertaining.

Geez louise...what happened to innocent until proven guilty??????
Can't a guy ask a simple question............

His comments/questions aren't exactly life altering. I've read much worse coming from a few of the "regulars" around here.

A class put on over the summer was warned, but no one has actually been rif'd. Being laid-off can include a downgrade from full time to part time, not necessarily a job loss.

NHBB,
it is still perfectly ok to carry luggage onboard flights within or from the US. Only the UK is banning all carry-on luggage on outbound flights and I will bet that will change very quickly by just eliminating liquids and gels like the rest of the world.

Indications are that the world is getting back to normal much faster after this terror scare than many expected. There are more weather related than terrorism related delays today across the US.

The UK's rules are indeed short-term, but if the US's rules get any worse, there will be a drop-off in discretionary travel (again) and loads will fall off, so yes, I'd be worried about layoffs.

Last I heard, January would be the next system-wide RIF, but that's not to say that there wouldn't be local RIF's as flights are dropped.

Specific to BOS, losing the SNN flight could have some impact locally, no? It's one less FIS arrival, one less departure, and one less ETOPS check for the mechanics.

Last I heard, January would be the next system-wide RIF, but that's not to say that there wouldn't be local RIF's as flights are dropped.

Well, in the letter from "Tom" dated July 18th he spoke of "Seasonal Adjustments" which would result in a RIF as of September 8th at certain locations.

The letter also claimed they were "Still evaluating staffing needs" and would keep everyone advised. :rolleyes:

Just like they did two years ago when they gave out downgrades two weeks before Christmas, then wondered why so many people banged out sick on Christmas Day...

Well, in the letter from "Tom" dated July 18th he spoke of "Seasonal Adjustments" which would result in a RIF as of September 8th at certain locations.

The letter also claimed they were "Still evaluating staffing needs" and would keep everyone advised. :rolleyes:

Just like they did two years ago when they gave out downgrades two weeks before Christmas, then wondered why so many people banged out sick on Christmas Day...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

LGA(JFK),

Really, who can blame them(the genious's on Amon Carter)for pulling "stunts" like you just described(2 weeks before Xmas thing)

They see(for the most part) their "master plans" work in places like DFW/ORD, and chaulk up the SK calls to radicalism, in places like Jfk/Lga/Ewr/Bos/Phl :angry: :angry:

Some things (with AA) WILL NEVER CHANGE !! :shock:

NH/BB's