LCC Stock Price Rising Rapidly

westcoastflyer

Advanced
Aug 12, 2004
US Airways stock price, since its closing low price of $2.91/share on 11-2-09 has risen by 122%. The stock, just today, is up almost 9%. This is a much better gain than all of the other airline stocks, except UAUA (United). Any thoughts or credible rumors as to why this huge amount of renewed confidence in US Airways?

US Airways stock price, since its closing low price of $2.91/share on 11-2-09 has risen by 122%. The stock, just today, is up almost 9%. This is a much better gain than all of the other airline stocks, except UAUA (United). Any thoughts or credible rumors as to why this huge amount of renewed confidence in US Airways?

The stock market, in general, is not rational and a stock's performance is often not really a good indicator of how a company is doing. I think US is doing "ok", but has it improved 122% since 11/2009? No. Looking at LCC's price in the last year, it appears to basically follow the major indexes peaks and valleys.

I sold my LCC stock last week. I said the Colts would win last week and I didn't think the Saints would cover. Coincidence???

I sold my LCC stock last week. I said the Colts would win last week and I didn't think the Saints would cover. Coincidence???

I'm planning on buying some oil futures to insure it's rapid decline. Care to join me? :D

Most of the major airlines in the past year were priced as if they were likely to file Ch 11; now that the economy appears poised to recover, all airline stocks have taken off.

The stock, just today, is up almost 9%. This is a much better gain than all of the other airline stocks, except UAUA (United).

By the time all the last trades settled, US was up by a smaller percentage than all the other legacies - UA +17.52%, AMR +13.80%, CO +10.37%, DL +10.13%, US +8.60%. Even B6 was up by a higher percentage (+9.09%).

In after hours trading, AA, CO, and UA are up even more while US and DL are giving back some of the gain.

Jim