LCC to Bogata-maybe.

Well it's pretty fitting actually. Usairways is being run like one from Bogata so why be shocked. It's a perfect match. :lol:

It actually makes sense for them to have South American flights depart from Charlotte. There is a large Latino population in and around Charlotte and I know quite a few people from Colombia who live in CLT due to the conflicts in their country. What we complain about here is very miniscule compared to what they live through every day. I'll be curious to see what kind of security precautions they will take because from what I hear Bogota is very unsafe. I'm sure they would never give us overnights there but I would love to visit Bogota anyway. Some of my favorite singers/groups are from there as well - Shakira, Juanes, Soraya, Carlos Vives, Los Aterciopelados and all of my favorite soap operas in Spanish originally came from Colombia. BTW, Juanes and Carlos Vives are SOOOOOOOO HOT! :wub:

We could sing songs and peddle some crack...

Oh wait...That's LASCA not US my bad.

You guys should see the late night flight to Guadajalara out of Fresno...now that's some scary looking amigos.

Not to be morbid or anything, but I think US Airways is just trying to find a creative way to get rid of more employees so they can hire new hires.

COLOMBIA
June 04, 2007

This Travel Warning updates ongoing security concerns in Colombia and reminds American citizens of those concerns. This supersedes the Travel Warning issued January 18, 2006.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the dangers of travel to Colombia. Violence by narcoterrorist groups and other criminals continues to affect all parts of the country, urban and rural.

Violence has continued to decrease markedly in most urban areas, including Bogotá, Medellin, Barranquilla, and Cartagena. The level of violence in Cali, Buenaventura, and the surrounding areas remains high, largely as a result of the illicit drug trade. Many rural areas of Colombia remain extremely dangerous due to the presence of narcoterrorists and Colombian government operations against them.

Terrorist groups such as the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and the National Liberation Army (ELN), and other criminal organizations, continue to kidnap civilians for ransom or as political bargaining chips. No one can be considered immune from kidnapping on the basis of occupation, nationality, or other factors. The FARC have held three American official contractors hostage since February 2003. Although the U.S. government places the highest priority on the safe recovery of kidnapped Americans, it is U.S. policy not to make concessions to or strike deals with kidnappers. Consequently, the U.S. government’s ability to assist kidnapping victims is limited.

U.S. government officials and their families in Colombia are permitted to travel to major cities in the country, but only by air. They are not allowed to use inter- or intra-city bus transportation. They also are not permitted to travel by road outside of urban areas at night. All Americans in Colombia are urged to follow these precautions.

As the Department develops information on potential security threats to U.S. citizens overseas, it shares credible threats through its Consular Information Program documents, available on the Internet at http://travel.state.gov. U.S. citizens should consult warden messages for Colombia at http://bogota.usembassy.gov/wwwsc093.shtml, as well as the Department of State’s Consular Information Sheet for Colombia and Worldwide Caution Public Announcement at http://travel.state.gov. U.S. travelers can also get up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 in the U.S. or Canada or on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444.

Juanes and Carlos Vives are SOOOOOOOO HOT! :wub:

Hell yeah! I love his stuff with Nelly Furtado.

As for aircraft, a 757 or probably even an Airbus could make it to BOG. Hope they get it. I wonder if they have looked into CCS as well.

Hell yeah! I love his stuff with Nelly Furtado.

As for aircraft, a 757 or probably even an Airbus could make it to BOG. Hope they get it. I wonder if they have looked into CCS as well.

I do too. My favorite is Fotografía. I would do anything to have Juanes on my flight! OMG I don't even know what I would do if I saw him walk on the plane. I bet they would fly the 757 because that's what they fly (at least when I did it they did) to Mexico City. CCS would be cool too. I didn't like Caracas so much, but I have been to Valencia and a bunch of islands that were gorgeous! ¡Bellísimas! It is pretty flying into Caracas from the air and there are some things I missed so I would go back in a heartbeat. Um. Now I want some arepas, black beans, rice and plantains.

Great song...

Cada vez que te busco te vas
Y cada vez que te llamo no estás
Es por eso que debo decir
Que tú sólo en mis fotos estás....

qreo que despues de bogota van a ver vuelos a lima,quito,buenos aires,panama,y sao paulo. ojala que si.

Smart move by US, as this may be their only chance to get into the Colombian market in the near future. The new agreement between the US/Colombia allows for 21 extra flights a week. They'll be going up against DLs JFK-BOG and ATL-MDE/CLO, B6s MCO/FLL-BOG and NKs FLL-BOG. At 2144 miles, a 319/320 could easily make the CLT-BOG run.

As for those who mentioned CCS, I'm not sure Venezuela is willing to approve any more US flights bc of the political disagreements (my guess). Both AA (MIA-Valencia) and NK (FLL-CCS) have applications that have yet to be approved by Venezuela.

Alot of S.America is undesirable and/or restricted (Brazil) so I'm not sure what else we could expect down the road. I would bet on LIM or a return to PTY in the future, assuming nothing else changes.

qreo que despues de bogota van a ver vuelos a lima,quito,buenos aires,panama,y sao paulo. ojala que si.

No te olvides de Santiago, Chile. Me encantaría ir a Buenos Aires, Lima, Quito y Santiago. Bueno pues, la verdad es que quisiera viajar por todo Latinoamérica. Si US Airways empieza vuelos a Suramérica, nunca dejaré de trabajar aquí. En serio.

Great song...

Cada vez que te busco te vas
Y cada vez que te llamo no estás
Es por eso que debo decir
Que tú sólo en mis fotos estás....

EMBFA - Estoy cantando esta canción ahora mismo. ¡Ja! ¡Ja! ¡Ja! El video es buenísimo también. Me da muchos recuerdos.

Juanes Nelly Furtado Video de Fotografía

Juanes y Nelly Furtado en concierto Fotografía

Latest posts