Let me get this straight....

spacewaitress

Senior
Aug 27, 2002
----------------
On 4/15/2003 2:49:44 PM Hopeful wrote:

The F/A''s rejected the contract and MIGHT get a revote.

Why not have the TWU and APA get a revote since they voted FOR the T/A?

----------------​

But that wouldn''t work to the company''s benefit. Same MO as UAL...they are out to break the unions, period.

Although there is word over here that Tilton will be swinging the axe again on upper management soon. One can only hope (eternally) that an era of cooperation might develope...although history has shown one not to hold one''s breath.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:15:02 PM skivoodoo wrote:

We voted. It DIDN''T PASS.

What part of this doesn''t APFA/AA understand?

----------------​
1. Not all F/A''s got a chance to vote seeing some never received the ballots

2. The APFA didn''t allow for votes to be changed unlike the TWU and APA. This is especially relevant since votes were cast on the onset of this T/A being brought to the table and some didn''t even understand the T/A or see the final language after they had already voted. Also, the company changed aspects of the T/A after many votes were already cast.

Obviously the vote was so close that these issues are going to play a big role on the final outcome. It would be only fair, under the circumstances, to allow the APFA to revote. If the vote tally wasn''t that close to ratification or not then there wouldn''t be any need to recast a vote. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Why not have the TWU and APA get a revote since they voted FOR the T/A?

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:14:34 PM TWAnr wrote:

Eric,

I was not referring to the company. The object of my remarks is the union board of directors. I smell a palace coup in the offing.

----------------​
Based upon the latest company press release, it is now apparent that the company is in collusion with the union in the effort to change the results of the vote.

Let the games go on.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:15:06 PM Segue wrote:

If AA does go into Chapter 11, it will ultimately contribute to a further lowering of the bar for all airline employees accross the industry.

----------------​

From our experience at US Airways, and from the noise Carty has been making lately, AMR will file Chapter 11 whether or not it gets these yes votes.

I am sorry we started the process of lowering the bar.

In solidarity,
-Airlineorphan

----------------
On 4/15/2003 2:49:44 PM Hopeful wrote:

----------------​
There is nothing like changing the rules when you don''t like the outcome.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:20:33 PM airlineorphan wrote:

In solidarity,
-Airlineorphan

----------------​
Oh please, self flagellation isn''t necessary and is very unattractive.

The bar was lowered years ago when the American Consumer refused to pay the prices. It''s only now caught up to the airline industry. Business travelers will only get screwed for so long. It all changed on 9/11...or at least everyone realized it had changed.

The past is past and we have to deal with today. That means with our eyes open wide.

Reuters
American Air flight attendants vote against cuts
Tuesday April 15, 4:24 pm ET

A spokesman said however, that flight attendants who did not vote or cast their votes early will be allowed to vote or change their vote by 5 pm CDT (2200 GMT), which could ultimately overturn the tally on Tuesday.
The spokeswoman said the deal was defeated by about 500 votes in the election held among the 26,000-member Association of Professional Flight Attendants. Local radio is reporting that the union is in talks with the airline to hold another vote within the next day because of the slim margin of defeat.

[url="http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030415/airlines_american_apfa_1.html"]http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030415/airlines_american_apfa_1.html[/URL]

Answer me this. If one had voted for the TA, can they then change to vote against it? Also, how meaningful is this revote if you have hundreds that may not have voted or had voted early, on the road (International Trips) and are unable to vote? What''s the sense of that? Moreover, how representative is this process?

One has to believe that there is some slight of hand going on here. No doubt AFPA officers are looking over the electronic results to see:
1.) who has not voted, and
2.) who had voted no and possibly did so early
3.) a massive phone call push to "get the vote right"!

So much for the sanctity of the secret ballot!

Cheers,
Z

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:20:33 PM airlineorphan wrote:

----------------
On 4/15/2003 3:15:06 PM Segue wrote:

If AA does go into Chapter 11, it will ultimately contribute to a further lowering of the bar for all airline employees accross the industry.

----------------​

From our experience at US Airways, and from the noise Carty has been making lately, AMR will file Chapter 11 whether or not it gets these yes votes.

In solidarity,
-Airlineorphan

----------------​

The one thing the airline industry lacks......Rational Minds.

Hmmmm....the industry is in a crisis like it has never seen in its history. I wonder if that has anything to do with the need to lower costs?