Letter from East MC to the Pilots

SkyRat

Advanced
May 8, 2007
This is from the East Merger Committee introduction to their rank and file on July 16, 2005:

ALPA Merger Policy makes no mention of date of hire or any other method of achieving these goals. The Merger Representatives must determine which method or combinations of methods best meet the goals. The goals all address what your seniority will buy upon integration and into the future. This is the yardstick of fairness by which any proposed method of integration must be judged...

This process without a doubt can be divisive, both between the pilot groups and within the pilot groups. When the integration process is complete, we need to be able to move forward with one pilot group that is as unified as possible. When it is all said and done, we can become one formidable group of pilots.

When you meet America West pilots, be as welcoming as you can. Remember that the seniority list integration will not be accomplished in the jumpseat, the crewroom, web boards or the hotel van. Trust the process and trust your merger team to do the very best job we can in protecting the best interests of all US Airways pilots.

You be the judge!

This is from the East Merger Committee introduction to their rank and file on July 16, 2005:

ALPA Merger Policy makes no mention of date of hire or any other method of achieving these goals. The Merger Representatives must determine which method or combinations of methods best meet the goals. The goals all address what your seniority will buy upon integration and into the future. This is the yardstick of fairness by which any proposed method of integration must be judged...

This process without a doubt can be divisive, both between the pilot groups and within the pilot groups. When the integration process is complete, we need to be able to move forward with one pilot group that is as unified as possible. When it is all said and done, we can become one formidable group of pilots.

When you meet America West pilots, be as welcoming as you can. Remember that the seniority list integration will not be accomplished in the jumpseat, the crewroom, web boards or the hotel van. Trust the process and trust your merger team to do the very best job we can in protecting the best interests of all US Airways pilots.

You be the judge!

HOW QUICKLY THEY FORGET!

Good post.

No, no, no. Not how "quickly", but how "conveniently" they forget.

Why do you guys feel the need to pour salt in the wounds? Is it because the East guys are complaining and saying the decision is not fair? Can any of you honestly say that if the award went as close to the East's side that some guys on the West wouldn't be whining?

Several months ago at one of Parker's love sessions in PHX, a pilot stood up and said something like "Hey Doug, it's my understanding that if the arbitration is too expensive for the company you can overide it. Will you?" wink-wink, nudge-nudge, please take care of us Dougy.

Guys I don't blame the West guys for what I feel is an unfair arbatration. I think the whole process is flawed. It causes the two groups to go to extremes just in case the arbitrator leans one way or another. Have any of you experts at other airlines looked at AWA's original proposal? Not even close to fair.

BTW, I feel that the top 517 U guys getting DOH with no restrictions on bidding PHX is also unfair to AWA guys.

I don't like some of the comments from my East co-workers, but they will vent somewhere. I will continue to treat the West pilots as I always have, with a smile and a hand shake, until they show me they don't deserve it.

I think it was aquagreen that said this reminded him of Germany in the 40's. Well, it reminds me of Germany in 1918. So defeated that they lost hope and eventually sought hope and vengence in a mad man. When you are completely beaten, no reason to get along.

Good luck to us all. 2/3 of the employees of this company are miserable for one reason or another. Thank God the Delta deal fell though so we didn't ruin another company.

Latest posts