LGA airport

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
Where is maintenance from LGA moving to due to the new airport design - some say the hangers are being torn down - others say just one - anyone with insights

This does not have anything to do with DL

Reactions: 4 people
jcw said:
Where is maintenance from LGA moving to due to the new airport design - some say the hangers are being torn down - others say just one - anyone with insights
Hangers? LOL..

Reactions: 1 person
I could swear I read somewhere on here that AA's LGA hangar is short enough that planes have to have the nose raised (and therefore tail lowered) in order to clear the door. Is that correct?

The airport is a DUMP
most of the original guys (90's DOH) have been transferring to JFK mainly because it sucks to work there. I don't know I waited so long.
They do two 737 B checks which could easily be done 12 miles down the road at JFK plenty of hanger space. MIA does day shift checks why not NY ? Getting those planes in and out of those hangers is a PITA anyway. Gas and go through there it's only a matter of time but the way sit gets done in NY that will be a ten year project and a real goat f**k

1AA said:
Hangers? LOL..
Indeed

Is there really a need to maintain hangars at an an airport that has to move the terminals toward the highway to create space?
Who says that AA can't easily absorb that maintenance elsewhere. ... newer fleet sand all that

Maybe it's time to consolidate the heavy line maintenance work in one station. It looks like LGA will be a construction nightmare for years to come. JFK needs a boost. I'm sure Bob Owens will chime in at some point to update us from the inside of the operation

jcw said:

Hanger.....really?

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
I could swear I read somewhere on here that AA's LGA hangar is short enough that planes have to have the nose raised (and therefore tail lowered) in order to clear the door. Is that correct?
Yes I believe that's true. WN's hangar in Phoenix is the same way.

blue collar said:
Yes I believe that's true. WN's hangar in Phoenix is the same way.
I feel like AA has to do the same thing to get a 57 in their Boston hangar.