LGA Terminal C Sold?

Furloughd4now

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
Look up, there I am!
Everyone at LGA yesterday and I mean everyone, right down to the cleaners were yacking that the LGA building has been sold and that U will be moving to the D Concourse (where DL/NW live) and that DL/NW will take C concourse.

It was also mentioned that the mechanics at JFK have been moved to LGA .....

Nothing official published, so no links to offer, so right now this is a massive rumour .... Anyone know more?

US doesnt own the terminal they are in, it is leased from Continental, NW/DL are all ready in its own terminal, why would they move?

I'll be going back there today and get more info and post. I know DL/NW has their own and I was under the impression we just leased it as well.

It might be conceivable that DL made a deal with PA (or whomever) to switch Terminals? ? C is larger than D and with the exception of the Express side, the Shuttle side seems under-utilized.

However, they were pretty adamant about it. Right down to keeping the crew rooms in C forcing the crews to check in at C and then haul it to D .... Like thats going to happen :blink:

U took over the lease from CO as the terminal was originally going to be Eastern's new terminal, they knocked down the hangars to build it, US leased it from CO when EA went out of business as CO was building up EWR and US was building up LGA and even had the terminal redesigned for US.

I doubt US would move out of it as they made a new deal for it in the last bankruptcy and CO owns it.

Sorry but it doesn't matter who is going to give you a ear full, it's not true. As stated already we at Continental own the terminal and it is leased to US Airways and I'm pretty sure it's not as easy as saying, HEY! By the way we decided to break your lease.... We got a better deal from Delta. Ain't going to happen. Aside from the fact DL/NWA has pretty much the most space at LGA.

Not to say it is or will happen, but one possibility for the cause of the rumors could be DL talking to CO about buying the terminal.

Jim

As I indicated earlier this week, "Do not be surprised if there is another major announcement, broader in scale that involves NYC and other operations, which could be announced in the not-to-distant future."

Click here to read the report.

I understand there is another major piece to this story that would make the proposed move make sense. Last Monday there were additional meetings between Delta and US Airways officials working on finalizing the proposed corporate transaction. If a final deal is reached a formal announcement could be made shortly.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

As I indicated earlier this week, "Do not be surprised if there is another major announcement, broader in scale that involves NYC and other operations, which could be announced in the not-to-distant future."

Oy vey another major announcement. I'm schpritzing from the excitement.
Will we be tossing the salad in Envoy now?
Chicken Burritos instead of tuna?
A new cooperative venture with Taco Bell?
Has the company bought Greyhound? (Well Frontier and Midwest got away.)
I can really picture a greyhound in place of the swoosh.
I do think the greyhound may be a bit much on the Carolina Panther airplane though.
I know. It must be the travel advisory for Mexico that's been in effect on the website FOREVER, will be removed.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Just out of curiosity, are you going to post this "inside scoop" rumor on every single US Airways thread? Then, no matter what the announcement (if there is one for a change) you can say, "I told you so." :rolleyes:

Sounds like the SEC would like to know about someone posting alleged inside information online.