Local 514 Officers - Make Fools of Themselves at AFW

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I hear the Local 514 Officers were caught making false testimony at the AFW Kangaroo Court today.

Seems the attempt to have a trial for a recently elected union official back-fired.

The Tulsa boys sent a RIF'd TWU members down to AFW to file the charges and then could not keep their stories straight under questioning.

The biggest joke appeared to be the attempt by ALL to refuse to answer who was funding the Tulsa Thought Police to come to AFW and stick their nose in other locals business. It appears now the Local 567 Vice-President might be resigning due to the total bungled mess.

No wonder the TWU sold us out to prevent force majeure layoffs. If this is they handle our grievance procedure, we need a new union worse than we ever thought!

The Tulsa Local attempted to prevent AMFA shirt wearers from witnessing the circus but I hear many were there to watch. We should be able to read a transcript of the circus soon! I cannot wait to make this one into a PDF for pleasureable reading!

It seems the Local 514 Officers also have an interest in appearing at a Kangaroo Court in New York to challenge the Local 562 President. Seems they think it is also violation of thought police rules to file a lawsuit against the TWU International.

At least this was their last threat before leaving with their tails between their legs at AFW.

Why are you so suprised that they are again making fools of themselves. We saw it day after day there in Tulsa and it appears that their stupidity has begun to spread outward!!! Go ahead cio what do you have to say about this incident?

Two simple Questions:

1. Did Cuningham violate the Constitution?

2. Did Cuningham soliciting for another Union?

If the evidence that was presented shows this in fact was true, than the Trial committee has no choice but to find him Guilty!

If the Trial committee choose to ignore the facts and find him Innocent than they in turn could be held liable also. This trial is about more than an Individual. If the Committee fails to represent the others, than they also could be held accountable for their actions.

I understand the amfa wantabes did their best to disturb the proceedings and in turn certain Individuals were denied the right to Testify. As for the amfa shirt wearing individuals they had no business attending the proceedings since it was a TWU Issue.

I firmly believe when you put your trust in an Individual to represent you and when he does everything to make the organization fail than he should not hold the position. This Individual has no Ethics or Morals and does not deserve to hold Office any place. This is typical amfa facts!

Just a note; Cunningham received 15% of the vote and amfa claims to Have 67% of afw cards signed. Who is distorting the truth. If indeed they do have these than show us the proof not a website! List the names so everyone can verify this!

To sign a Card for amfa means eliminating your job at the Bases!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

Oh great!
So now, if the Executive Board appointed the Trial Committee and they don't find the guy guilty, then you are now going file charges on the trial committee?

Sounds like Jim Little and Sonny Hall need to get involved, I bet they can find a member guilty and discipline him regardless of the Constitution, By-Laws, Railway Labor Act, LMRDA or any other freedom supressing document anyone could come up with!

All HAIL to Sonny Hall and the Shrine of the Bus!

BTW, Your proof on the signed cards will come soon enough, be careful what you ask for!

You also lie! One day, you pass letters from AMFA Local 33 which is MSP Maintenance Base at NWA, then the next day claim the bases have been eliminated, your own lies do not even make sense to logical thinker.

----------------
On 7/20/2003 11:58:33 AM Checking it Out wrote:

I understand the amfa wantabes did their best to disturb the proceedings and in turn certain Individuals were denied the right to Testify. As for the amfa shirt wearing individuals they had no business attending the proceedings since it was a TWU Issue.

----------------
I wore my AMFA shirt to my Kangaroo Court trial at Local 514. Why was that allowed given your logic and rule findings?

If you idiots would place as much emphasis on empowering the members and protecting wages and benefits instead of so much focus on t-shirts and slogans, you probably wouldn't have had to travel to AFW in the first place.

I understand it was ASAP Kevin Hammock and E-Board Officer Les Howard that was NOT very co-operative and disturbing the process. In fact I understand Worth-LES was caught fibbing a little, and Hammock left the property screaming like a spoiled child.

----------------

Two simple Questions:

2. Did Cuningham soliciting for another Union?

Did Jim Little violate the Constitution?

Are we supposed to place officials that we do not elect above the Constitution?

How much of the vote did you recieve?

CIO;

As far as the cards signed, why would you want the names? So you can go after card signers? Is that your idea of Democracy? The NMB would verify the cards. Then if there are enough there would be an election. Why do you fear allowing the members to make a choice? What is wrong with Democracy?

The process is already biased in the TWUs favor in that a majority must call for an election. If all elections were held to the same standards then there would almost never be elections anywhere. If there is an election it would be a likely indication that the structure where an appointed official who is not accountable to the members, yet has the right to determine their working conditions is no longer tolerable. It means that the members want a real voice in the affairs of their union, that they have an interest in their union, not just at their local and isnt that what you and all the other "leaders" have been advocating for years, that members become involved? To me, this would be a positive development regardless of the outcome. Or by involved do you mean blind faith in appointed leaders who tell you that you are better off accepting less than you deserve while they continue to draw their full salaries?

By the way, they collected almost 7000 cards already. Does that make you nervous?

I did not pick this union, it came with the job. My peers picked me to represent them, and I do so to the best of my ability. My primary duty is to them, not to the TWU, regardless of anything else. If another union should come in and offer us accountability and the chance to make a better living I would not hesitate to run for office in that union just like the guys in MCI and STL did. They were not expected to set themselves on fire for the IAM. They just ripped the IAM sticker off the wall (not even all the way) and became TWU officers.Why, because that was the new union, they did not pick it, but they got it. In this industry our union affiliation is tied to our employer not our career. Change companies (while still doing the same job) and you change unions. The union is paired with the company, not the work, or the craft or trade. Thats not the way unions should be structured. Your union should be an organization that is tailored to the career that you chose, not the employer. In this situation the union/company relationship is stronger and more permanent than the union/member relationship.

Given the fact that members have no control in the AA-TWU system beyond the local level, which is restricted, can they really be expected to have an interest? Why should they when they have no power within the organization? They cant vote for the top officers. They cant vote on Constitutional changes. They cant vote on who is the head of their division, and they dont even have the right to vote on their contract. To dismiss the fact that 3000 members did not recieve ballots as a minor unimportant error reveals how the organization considers the individuals, expendable and unimportant. Our union is structured to dictate to the members and the locals, thes commands come from unelected unaccountable persons. Can you really blame members for not taking an interest in another forum where they are simply told what is to be? Where their opinions and desires have no real clout? Criticism or suggestions to change are not treated as subjects worthy of debate but rather an act of treachery. The fact is that there are very serious problems with the ATD. Problems that will not be solved by members simply attending union meetings and "becoming involved".

The main problem that we have is not a TWU thing, its an AA/ TWU thing. There are TWU locals that have full control over their contracts. Locals that can vote out the guy in charge of their negotiations. Locals where if the contract is put in place without a vote, they will get the chance to remove that person. We do not have that option. Since that person also has the power to impose changes this is a very serious problem. Basically it means that the members do not have any power, the union advantage is not there. What we have instead is a middleman who can, and does put his own interests ahead of ours. Its like having a lawyer that can cut his own deals with your opponent.

----------------

Just a note; Cunningham received 15% of the vote and amfa claims to Have 67% of afw cards signed. Who is distorting the truth. If indeed they do have these than show us the proof not a website! List the names so everyone can verify this!
----------------
And there are only two mechanics on the seniority list that could have even been eligible to vote in the election of 1947 that placed TWU on the property at AA. Using your logic, can we conlcude something from this fact? Doesn't this mean that only two current members of the TWU could have voted for this dictatorship union as our so-called bargaining agent? What percentage of support would that leave you, CIO? Can you produce the 1947 NMB Election results and prove to us if even the only two eligible mechanics even voted for this sorry company union?

----------------
On 7/20/2003 3:34:06 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------

Two simple Questions:

2. Did Cuningham soliciting for another Union?

Are we supposed to place officials that we do not elect above the Constitution?

----------------​
YES
AND
YES

Is it true that the "devastatingly handsome" Vice President of Local 567 who presented the Kangaroo Court case against Cunningham has lost over 80% of the arbitration cases he has presented?

If this fact, then no wonder the trial turned into a big circus!

Oh come on. You can/t possibly think that an AMFA affiliation has any bearing on personal integrity. There are POS individuals wearing TWU shirts and there are POS individuals wearing AMFA shirts. Case in point, there were two individuals that were E-Board members at Eagle who were accused of embezzlement. We know they did it, they know they did it, but it couldn/t be proven because the financial records were in disarray. One has since quit and gone to NWA and the other has transfered to another base and is now the local AMFA organizer there.

A POS is a POS is a POS and there ain/t no changing them.

----------------
On 7/20/2003 8:26:42 PM will fix for food wrote:

Oh come on. You can/t possibly think that an AMFA affiliation has any bearing on personal integrity. There are POS individuals wearing TWU shirts and there are POS individuals wearing AMFA shirts. Case in point, there were two individuals that were E-Board members at Eagle who were accused of embezzlement. We know they did it, they know they did it, but it couldn/t be proven because the financial records were in disarray. One has since quit and gone to NWA and the other has transfered to another base and is now the local AMFA organizer there.

A POS is a POS is a POS and there ain/t no changing them.

----------------​
I agree, and there are also those with integrity, I just don't see many of them on one side this AMFA vs TWU issue. I don't think the union affiliation causes this, I believe the beliefs and philosphies cause certain thinking people to go a certain way and this leads to affiliation, not the other way around.

----------------
On 7/20/2003 3:34:06 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------

Two simple Questions:

2. Did Cuningham soliciting for another Union?

Are we supposed to place officials that we do not elect above the Constitution?

----------------​
I don''t think "B.O." answered the question. What about it Bob? Can you answer CIO''s question without bringing up a whole other issue? . . .we''re waiting. . .

Latest posts