looks like a 'yes' vote

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Seems all stations west of PIT will vote yes in a mighty way. All class 2 stations on the east will have a 'significant yes' vote. PHL will be pretty even due to the fact that almost half the station will get significant pay raises. PIT will be a huge NO but it's pretty much just a midsize station now. CLT a decent sized NO. So PIT, CLT, and maybe another half dozen smaller stations will keep this from being a landslide yes.

IMO, arbitration would have been preferred, however I was notified some time ago that this was coming down in August and that the east sider arbitration award would be thrown on the negotiations table to purchase a new deal that buys more members and should secure a successful ratification vote.

regards,

Tim-
Thanks' for your posts I appreciate hearing any information that might be going around but never finds its way into the workplace.I do use posts such as yours to at least get a conversation started about the events that are effecting the workers. I also agree with you, in that I herad the top off is $17.85 and I also heard we'll be loseing profit sharing.I hope that it doesn't go through but we'll see....Thanks

Seems all stations west of PIT will vote yes in a mighty way. All class 2 stations on the east will have a 'significant yes' vote. PHL will be pretty even due to the fact that almost half the station will get significant pay raises. PIT will be a huge NO but it's pretty much just a midsize station now. CLT a decent sized NO. So PIT, CLT, and maybe another half dozen smaller stations will keep this from being a landslide yes.

IMO, arbitration would have been preferred, however I was notified some time ago that this was coming down in August and that the east sider arbitration award would be thrown on the negotiations table to purchase a new deal that buys more members and should secure a successful ratification vote.

regards,
Why would anyone vote yes for this piece of crap they are trying to cram down our throats?http://www.usaviation.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbdown.gif
http://www.usaviation.com/forums/style_emo...t/thumbdown.gif
Don't just look at the 22% that "some" workers will get look @ the whole picture.
Snap backs in 2012??? are you kidding me!!! What happened to going through the change in control process?
We are being sold out again by the IAM Vote NO and send a message to both the company and the IAM that we won't take this S*@# anymore

Guys, while this is none of my business, why on God's green earth would you agree to such a substandard offer? $17.85 an hour still puts LCC behind all the majors if i'm not mistaken. You can do better than this and the company and the IAM know it. Force the IAM to do whats in your best interests, which is a fair and honest contract proposal. Never mind the fact that you'd be losing out on profit-sharing, which could be anywhere from a few hundred to a couple thousand dollars, based on company performance. Do you think senior management has foregone any profit sharing? Doubtful. And don't think for one second the IAM won't attempt to push forth higher dues, which will probably eat up much of the "raise".

Right now the industry standard for fleet/ramp is $3414 per month. LCC top out is currently at $3007, which is dead last for the 9 biggest U.S. carriers. At the very LEAST i would shoot for the $3414 figure. Whatever happened to shared sacrifice and shared rewards, huh? Dougie certainly hasn't forgotten it. He's rewarded himself and his cronies quite handsomely of late. It's time for all labor in the aviation industry to start getting back what was given up/taken post 9/11, not just LCC. We all need collectively to stop accepting inferior compensation offers and receive our just due.

I'll gladly vote yes to f--- you idiots over. Doesn't matter for me, I'm not in this for the long haul.

Long time observers knew IAM would negotiate away the change of control grievance, just like they did force majuere.

Given IAM's talent for dividing the membership to maintain their comfortable perches, I have no doubt this T/A will pass.

Dooming IAM fleet to a substandard living for the rest of their careers.

This is part of the reason LCC is in trouble.

Part of the reason LCC is in trouble is there are a bunch of people who think they can turn a blue collar job into a white collar job. Sorry folks, your delusions of grandeur aren't gonna happen. Thank your union for your contract. How long did it take to come up with this piece of birdcage paper that they're going to present? Did they listen to us at all? Oh well, guess it was true what they said:

IAM screwed.

I asked in a differnt thread but no one answered. If the IAM is so bad, why didn't the unionized employees go for another union after the merger? Is the known evil better than the unknown? Wasn't this the opportune time to bring in a fresh union?

Although I have not seen this in print, I received a phone call from someone I would call a 'secondary source' who explained that the IAM pension increase of a nickel was 'insisted upon' by the IAM and when your company decided to trash fleet service's profit sharing checks for future years, the IAM was all too happy to agree. The extra 'nickel' a year translates to an additional .50cents per year and supposedly came at the expense of the profit sharing. Profit sharing will be 'substantial' this year with the pretax profits extending beyond a billion it seems. That, together with higher pay means each full timer would have received something around $2,000 check. Please say this isn't so because although it sounds very IAMish, it's mind boggling.

Again, I haven't seen this in print so let's not rush to judgement but if the profit sharing is gone because the IAM wanted more money in its own war chest then this is dispicable.

Nonetheless, I see a strong yes vote from the west, PHL junior people, and class 2's.

regards,

Bob,

The IAM air side is controlled by ex-UA'rs, who have dreamed of a US/UA merger. UA ramp/customer service is IAM, and their mechs were until they jumped to AMFA.

IAM head shed types sat on the UA board when UA was employee-owned. Part of the US BK agreement put these same ex-UA'rs on the US board.

The problem with that arrangement is fiduciary obligation trumps DFR.

Works great for the company. Not so much for the employees.

Sorry tim but i'm not sure your sources are as accurate as you think , my sources which i trust paint a much brighter picture in general , but i'm not at liberty to spill any beans , so will all just have to wait until the 14 and see who REALLY has the best sources lol