Lufthansa to link with jet blue in New York

Isn't Lufthansa a member of Star Alliance? Isn't this rather a stab in the back to their partner airlines in Star?

Lufthansa is the true founder of Star Alliance. They have their hands in all points of the world. If it hasn't happened Air India is expected to join the Alliance. They're just astute businessmen when it comes to the airline industry.

Lufthansa is the true founder of Star Alliance. They have their hands in all points of the world. If it hasn't happened Air India is expected to join the Alliance. They're just astute businessmen when it comes to the airline industry.
Yes so very true. LH is making a smart move to align themselves with JB at JFK. Just wondering what there future intentions are... possibly developing a unique version of "HUB" in the US?

Air India is a poor choice. They are the Varig/Alitalia of India.

JetAirways or Kingfisher are more likely Indian candidates. Smart and hungry like LH and B6.

LH's yield-management room in Germany contains some brilliant folks.

JetAirways or Kingfisher are more likely Indian candidates. Smart and hungry like LH and B6.

Well, you can take Jetairways out of the running. They have signed a codeshare agreement with us (AA). I heard the plan is to include them in OneWorld asap.

I totally agree with you, and I am commenting on things I read. There is a game being played out with China, AI, W9, Kingfisher and LH in the east. I don't want to get into that and pulling out a half dozen links, but here's the Air India story!