Luggage by Hefty

Travels2mch

Veteran
Dec 20, 2005
PIT
Visit site
OK I'm falling on a sword here for all the times I thought to myself.....
"self.....these airline employees just exaggerate when they talk about US' new clientele using garbage bags for luggage....surely nobody would really use a hefty bag for luggage"

OK I apologize profusely for those thoughts as sitting across and up one row from me this afternoon was a Hefty Hauler. I couldn't believe my eyes, nor could I control my internal laughter as I thought about my aforementioned accusations. As much as I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I had to take pictures of it with my phone.

I think the wonderful F/A was afraid it would break (or by people seeing it would create a bad image of US) so she offered to put it in the closet for the passenger. I stand corrected and will never doubt what a US employee witnesses again on this airline!!

Attachments

• ATT00013.jpg
    ATT00013.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 249
  • ATT00020.jpg
    ATT00020.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 217
I stand corrected and will never doubt what a US employee witnesses again on this airline!!

sky high states: <adjusting Tiara>

LOL, ok. Who is that? Seats look grey, with blue carpet.

And, thankyouverymuch, for the laugh. That was good, 2mch.

only stating opinions

"self.....these airline employees just exaggerate when they talk about US' new clientele using garbage bags for luggage....surely nobody would really use a hefty bag for luggage"

OK I apologize profusely for those thoughts as sitting across and up one row from me this afternoon was a Hefty Hauler. I couldn't believe my eyes, nor could I control my internal laughter as I thought about my aforementioned accusations. As much as I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I had to take pictures of it with my phone.

I think the wonderful F/A was afraid it would break (or by people seeing it would create a bad image of US) so she offered to put it in the closet for the passenger. I stand corrected and will never doubt what a US employee witnesses again on this airline!!
Out west we call that a "Late Night Samsonite." It became so common on the red eye flights out of LAS that you hardly notice

That's just a portable dresser. :p

Back in the early '80s when People Express started up, Piedmont competed heavily on their first route (ORF-EWR). Startup fare was $15 each way, and Piedmont matched it and flew 727-200s flight for flight with People Express. I recall a flight attendant telling me that she had a passenger board with "luggage" consisting of several paper shopping bags in various state of repair. The F/A realized that the woman would probably have the bottom fall out of her "luggage," so she offered to replace all of her paper bags with the handled white plastic trash bags with the red Piedmont logo on them.

Needless to say, the passenger was sincerely delighted.

She now had her first set of matching luggage!

Out west we call that a "Late Night Samsonite." It became so common on the red eye flights out of LAS that you hardly notice

...and on the 'Wetback red-eyes" out of PHX, unless "La Migra" is doing one of their periodic Sky Harbor sweeps...

When I was at JFK we used to call that 'Caribbean Samsonite' ;)

The best is what feels like an anvil wrapped in literally half a mile of that plastic shrink wrap... :lol:

I remember working a SDQ outbound one morning years ago and having a bag come literally clanging down the belt and at the botton a car radiator came bursting through the cheapo material of the bag.

Have you had the fun of homemade wine or olive oil on those ATH inbounds yet? Loads of fun there...

Which US aircraft has the elastic casing seatback pocket? I don't believe it is US metal, but Hefty Luggage on an A319 is First Class. My first experience on the A319 was the most painful flight experience in my career. Everytime the person in the seat behind touches the seatback pocket, it feels likes you're being kicked from behind, but that's an issue for a different thread.

Hey, don't knock it! I got stuck with having to pay over 200.00 excess baggage, unless I unloaded some of the crap and put it in a plastic bag!!! I was humiliated, but It saved me a ton of money. It wasn't on US.