Votes: 22 33.8%
  • AMFA

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Teamsters

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • No UNION

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
Help Me Understand where we would be in the Future if a Vote is needed?

In our merger with America West we voted between the IAM and Teamsters. IAM won the election and we fell under their contract. A tansition agreement was negotiated and several of the items we lost in the second BK were restored Vacation, Comp Days, Pension ect.

In our merger with America West we voted between the IAM and Teamsters. IAM won the election and we fell under their contract. A tansition agreement was negotiated and several of the items we lost in the second BK were restored Vacation, Comp Days, Pension ect.
There was no vote between the IAM and the IBT, the IBT didnt gather enough cards to force an election.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it'll be hard for any other union to win just because of the pension. It's not much, but some of those guys are grasping for anything they can have at retirement

There was no election, the IBT never got enough cards.

http://www.nmb.gov/r...2006/33n056.pdf

Never was a vote and here is the NMB documentation to prove it.

Based on the eligibility determinations in these proceedings, the investigation revealed, however, that the combination of employees covered by the IBT’s certification as the West representative and the employees who signed valid authorization cards did not meet the required showing of interest of 35 percent.

The Board finds that the IAM is the certified representative of the entire craft or class of Mechanics and Related Employees in the single transportation system. The IAM’s certification in NMB Case No. R-4593 is extended to cover the entire craft or class of Mechanics and Related Employees on the combined US Airways system. The Board extinguishes the IBT’s certification issued in NMB Case No. R-6420. Accordingly, NMB Case No. R-7078 is closed.
By direction of the NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD.

At East, the Mechanics and Related Employees are represented by the IAM pursuant to Board certification in Case No. R-4593. IAM represents approximately 86 percent of the employees covered by this application. The Mechanics and Related Employees at West are represented by the IBT pursuant to Board certification in Case No. R-6420. The IBT represents approximately 14 percent of the employees covered by this application. Additionally, the IBT submitted authorization cards from East employees in the Mechanics and Related Employees craft or class. Based on the eligibility determinations in these proceedings, the investigation revealed, however, that the combination of employees covered by the IBT’s certification as the West representative and the employees who signed valid authorization cards did not meet the required showing of interest of 35 percent.

I proved to you there was no vote, I posted the NMB findings, are you that obtuse?

There was NEVER a vote!

The NMB ruled there was not enough cards, did you even read what I posted?

If there was not enough cards there was never an election.

The NMB wouldnt rule on what was filed if there was all ready an election.

Here is the link to the whole determinations for 2006, there was no election!

http://www.nmb.gov/r...6/fy06cite.html

And here is the proof once again there was no election between the IAM and the IBT.

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/deter2006/33n056.pdf