Maa Begins Training Pilots

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - September 16, 2003

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Tuesday, September 16:

Philip Osterhus, Jets for Jobs Administrator, reports that MidAtlantic Airways has received approval to hire 18 check airmen in two classes beginning with Basic Check Airman Training on September 23-25, indoc on September 29, and ground school on October 6, with simulator training in Montreal. The second MDA instructor class, which will complete the initial cadre of 18, will begin indoc on October 6 and ground school on October 13. These instructors will be paid 64-hour guarantee until they have completed their training, and then will be paid a 95-hour guarantee. Line pilot hiring for MDA is scheduled for early November with a class of 10, continuing with approximately three classes of 10 pilots per month.

MDA is targeted to launch operations in January 2004.

Respectfully,

Chip

a_12happy7_e0.gif

Just wait until you see the pay scale boys and girls, then you will really be excited!!!!! I have read what the company has proposed to the mechanics and related and its a joke. If the jets for jobs program is in comparison to what they offer a mechanic starting out you will be working for maybe one third of what you were making!!! :down:

Bluestreaking:

Bluestreaking asked: Chip, do you think the 25 CRJ 700s (ex-705s) deal is going to go through with Mesa?

Chip comments: Most likely no, but until there is a written agreement anything is possible. My bet, PSA gets the CRJ-700s with the special J4J provisions per the mainline ALPA supplemental restructuring agreement.

There is reason to believe there will be more wholly owned and CRJ-700 news in the not-so-distant future, when all of the details are complete.

Respectfully,

Chip

Word from In-flight says first F/A class is slated for DEC 8th. 10 days unpaid traning in PIT. Callbacks wont happen until late OCT & NOV. Remember they gotta keep everyone dangling or it wouldn't be any fun.

With the start date for F/A training Dec. 8th.......the new group of F/A's that will be laid off effective Dec. 1st ,(the company has yet to release those numbers), will get an unpaid week of vacation before returning to work for MDA,(and then endure 2 weeks of unpaid training), and at last have the pleasure of moving to PIT,(that's IF we keep the hub). Wow. What a deal.... :huh:

Chip,

You mentioned on another topic that the first Mid Atlantic revenue trip is still scheduled for January. Maybe you missed my question, so I will ask it again. What are the first revenue city pairs?

Hi you all........

I used to work in a mainline station

Now it is mainline express and we went from $19.65 per hour

down to $13.01 per hour.....

The choices we had were furlough...stay or move and hope the place
you moved to didn't go mainline express in the NEAR FUTURE....

BOTTOM LINE DAVE AND HIS BUZZARDS DON'T CARE....

THEY LIVE IN THE UPPER WORLD AND CRAP ON US.......

SOMEDAY THEY WILL GET THERE'S

N628AU:

N628AU asked: What are the first revenue city pairs?

Chip answers: I do not know, but I suspect that could be determined by the PIT hub negotiations. I do know that MDA is scheduled for revenue flights on January 5 (the same day the PIT leases could be rejected), the airline will have fairly large operations in the three focus cities, and the division could be used for Shuttle off peak flights.

Furthermore, for competitive purposes management will likely not release its plans until the last possible moment. However, starting in November US Airways Group will take delivery of 7 CRJ/EMB RJs per month plus affiliate expansion, therefore, new jet service will be added to the route network at a rapid pace. In fact, there will be about 210 RJs added to the network within the next three years and then there will be more A330, A321, & A320 deliveries beginning in January 2007.

Respectfully,

Chip

That would be that typical marketing response. Don't announce anything, so there is in turn no one on the flights, and in turn they lose money, and close a potentially good new market. Sigh.

Chip Munn said:
I do know that MDA is scheduled for revenue flights on January 5 (the same day the PIT leases could be rejected), the airline will have fairly large operations in the three focus cities, and the division could be used for Shuttle off peak flights.
Chip,

Will you check on that again? I have heard from a top person at MDA that the first rev flight is now Feb 8th not Jan 5th any longer.