Machinists Union Update

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
IAM / US AIRWAYS UPDATE
TO ALL IAM REPRESENTED EMPLOYEES:

On September 20, 2004, a meeting took place with the Senior Management of US Airways in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Representing the IAM: Robert Roach, Jr., Frank Celona, Jim Varsel, Tom Brickner, Joe Adinolfi, Bill Freiberger, Bill O’Driscoll, and Randy Canale.

Representing the Company: Dave Davis, Gerry Glass, Doug McKean, Al Hemingway, and John Prestifillipo.

The Company gave us an overview of its current financial status and briefed us on their ongoing negotiations with ATSB. The Bankruptcy Court has jurisdiction over the airline and its financial matters. The Court can, at its discretion, temporarily impose decisions on the parties to keep the airline functioning.

We will continue to keep you advised on all future developments as they occur.

Your continuing support is appreciated.

Sincerely and fraternally,

William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN
District Lodge #142

Randy Canale
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN
District Lodge 141

So is the IAM now going to negotiate or is it holding to its 'no more concessions' stance?

IAM will not negotiate with union busters.

My opinion... at this point, we have a better chance arguing with a judge, then NO CHANCE arguing with managment.

With a judge, there is no retroactive emergency wage reduction.

This would be deemed as highly unreasonable, punitive and would bankrupt the employees of U.

I think GE and Bank of America need to start worrying about the 28,000 employees and their families filing personal BK and not paying their mortgages, auto, or credit cards that are held by these two creditors.

PITBULL, do you honestly feel this way????????? I cannot believ you would think a judge who sees the real facts, will allow a company to go under if the facts say that it would. Is this your official position with afa?

Since the figures keep changing on a daily basis, why not take a chance with a BK judge.

Unless the MGT team at USAirways is changed, there is no future for any employees.