Machinsts To Meet With The Company

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
October 20, 2004

IAM / US Airways Meeting Scheduled

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

In the wake of last week’s court ruling which imposed temporary concessions on IAM members that included a 21 percent wage reduction, outsourcing of Airbus overhauls and pension modifications, US Airways has requested a meeting with the IAM to discuss its plans for the carrier’s future and its potential impact on IAM members.

The meeting between IAM representatives and US Airways will take place on Monday, October 25, 2004 at the carrier’s Arlington, VA headquarters.

We will update the membership following the meeting.

Sincerely and fraternally,
William O'Driscoll
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING GENERAL CHAIRMAN
IAM District Lodge 142

Randy Canale
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING GENERAL CHAIRMAN
IAM District Lodge 141

WOW! IAM is a talking on first request? Sounds like they wanna talk long term now... I thought 700 said his sources said IAM wasnt talking???? Hmmmm yet another slip!

You will note that the IAM and the company have "talked" on many occasions, and they (IAM) have held the line their members demand (concession stand closed).

My bold prediction is that it won't change, and the hand-wringing we see is entirely due to the fact that some folks are worried about the fact that the IAM can shut the place down with self-help action should it come to that.

It is, however, entertaining to watch.

Iam didnt shut the place down in the last time, and i assure you the courts wont allow it this time...!!!!

The judge ordered a 21% IAM wage rate cut and not only permitted the A320 heavy maintenance to be outsourced, but A330 heavy maintenance outsourced too.

ALPA's bankruptcy counsel believes Judge Mitchell will impose a S.1113© motion with even deeper cuts than were necessary, he could also authorize all maintenance, utility, and fleet service work outsourced, and prevent the "self help" option.

If this happens, any union member who takes an action against the company could be held in contmept of court.

These actions could boost the profit sharing checks of those union employees who have new labor accords such as the 3 TWU units.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Like I said, I am in the know and the loop and part of it.
And once again 320, there are NO talks going on.

All the US Airways General Chairman are at their respective domiciles. Not at CCY.

Stop posting false information.

700UW, You know what the national union leadership wants you to know. They have a different agenda than your own, one that places the interests of the union (as a whole) above the needs and desires of your membership.

This is how national unions work.

You cannot possibly know of every "unoffical" conversation above your level. Although you are correct that until the announced meeting occurs, no "official" meetings have occured, it is a little hard to believe that no informal discussions have occured whatsoever.

Negotiations, no. That IS something that happens in a formal and documented manner.

Discussions, that happens all of the time. Some you know about, and some you will never know about.

Bob,

Chiames says hi.

The IAM does not negotiate over the phone.

Stick to copy machines, something you know about versus how the IAM operates.

mwm and rico.

You do not know me nor what I do with the District, and I work hand and hand with the International.

You can all post whatever you want, don't be jealous.

Matter of fact I am with the International all week.

I am in the loop and you are not.

Those that know me, know what I do.

jetmech01890 said:
didnt you guys know that all union talks are held meeting are held in a lav truck
[post="193114"][/post]​
:stupid:

Words of Wisdom, NOT!

Ok, you know everything 700UW, You are so "in the loop".

I will take your word for it that no informal discussions have happened, and yet the company and IAM have all of the sudden decided to officially meet with one another at a given time and place.

Sounds plausible... :rolleyes: